for those on lovenox or have been on it

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hannahsmom

Re: for those on lovenox or have been on it

Postby hannahsmom » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 am

I took Lovenox shots through my whole pregnancy and I know in my heart that the shots are the main reason I had such a good outcome the second time around. Best of luck!!!
Suzanne, Mom to:
Hannah Rose - 26 weeker - 1 pound, 1 ounce and 12 inches long, born 8/24/01. Now the tallest kid in the class!
Brandon James - 35 weeker - 4 pounds, 1 ounce and 16 inches long, born 11/11/09. Very happy baby!

Complications during pregnancies: Severe Preeclampsia, Pulmonary Edema, IUGR, MTHFR, Factor II and Factor V Blood Clotting disorders

Miracles do happen!

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 06:32 am

As for myself Lovenox was a success. In the past 2 preg I had pe at 23 weeks and 24 weeks. This time around pe never showed up except that my bp started acting up at 36 weeks and 5 days, so they c-sectioned me. It was a pain to inject myself but overall it is all worth it.

My baby went to the NICU for 1 week, but when she was born she was in the regular nursery but because she was spitting up she was placed at the NICU for better monitoring. My mfm put me on lovenox at 12 weeks. I would inject myself on my side of abdomen below my breast. :D
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.

angieb

Postby angieb » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:54 am

My MFM felt like that in my case (HELLP at 23 weeks, severe IUGR), the potential benefits outweighed the risks, especially since they couldn't find anything underlying. (She suspects that I may have a clotting disorder of some kind that they don't have a test for.) I was on it from 7 weeks until 28 weeks (by 28 weeks baby was at 75%ile for growth and no signs of pre-e so she was okay with stopping it). I delivered him at 36+2 (due to classical c-section plus my water broke on the day my c-section was scheduled.) He was perfectly healthy, no issues at all, and 7lbs4oz. So we'll do lovenox again next time.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

christina89

Postby christina89 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 09:21 am

Hey, I have been on them since I was 17 weeks with this pregnancy im currently 35 weeks and I onlly made it to 23 weeks in my last pregnancy. So in my mind it does work. My MFM says its working well for me because at 17 weeks when he put me on it I had a fetal assesment and my right uterine artery wasnt working very well so he said it was pretty much our only hope :) By my next check up it looked alot better.anyhow I am terrified of needles I think my heart stops everynight when I get my needle. I don't do it myself tho, I just cant do it so for the first month my mom did it for me and now my husband does it for me. I thought that he was going to just jab it in and be done because hes a gruff man :) but I reminded him his little buns in there cooking so he has to be careful. I get the odd one that hurts horribly but for the most part they dont hurt anymore and I dont seem to bruise nearly as bad as I did the first 2 months. I was told to inject below the belly button line or in my leg. I cant seem to do it in my leg I think its going to hurt so were sticking to under the belly button. I hope it works well for you. Out of the 3 of my Drs they all say to inject in different areas, so what ever your Dr suggests is what I would go for.

cmccaffrey

Postby cmccaffrey » Wed Aug 10, 2011 00:36 am

I've been on lovenox twice now. First time after my son's birth when I developed a blood clot in my leg and since the start of this pregnancy. My doctors said the main reason I developed a blood clot was because I was on bed rest, had hypertension, was still experiencing pregnancy hormones and had a c-section. That's a perfect cocktail for a blood clot. Anyways, since I had that trama aside from preeclampsia, I have to be on lovenox, but my MFM said that he probably would have put me on lovenox anyways because of the severity of my preeclampsia and the fact that I have the gene PAI-1 4g/5g which is associated with pregnancy complications. I don't know if it is typical for most doctors to do that or not, but in my situation, I think they are worried a lot about me developing another blood clot. I chose to inject in the love handles because I cannot get much fat around the belly area, but if that's where your doctor suggested then that's probably a good spot. I also give the shots myself because whenever I was getting my very first shot, the nurse almost refused to do it because the typically burn so badly and I guess she didn't want to inflict pain on me if she could teach me to do it myself... It is easier for me to be in control. I don't have a complete phobia of needles, but I get pretty nervous and light headed. I don't think I trust my husband enough to give me a shot. He is not a very sympathetic person, so I could see him just doing it to get it over with really quickly, making it bruise and hurt really bad. I feel like if I can give myself a shot, anyone can do it....
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

dolphincrazy316

for those on lovenox or have been on it

Postby dolphincrazy316 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:52 pm

i was just wondering how your drs decided to put you on lovenox? has it seemed to help? please let me know some of your experiences. I have been on them for a couple weeks now..im not brave enough to give them to myself so my husband does it...i was so afraid they were going to hurt but they don't at all!! :) the last few ive had, i didn't even bruise!! I have been getting them right above my belly button. Is that a good spot or does it need to be lower? thanks for any advice
Hayden born 4-2-05 2lbs 2oz due to preeclampsia, spent 9 weeks in the NICU

Alex Bradley born in the arms of angels on 11-22-09 1lb 10oz due to preeclampsia and complete placental abruption

Baby #3 due Feb 2012

Return to “Pregnant Again?”