On the road once again...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
frogibe

On the road once again...

Postby frogibe » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:45 am

Well I will try to keep this as short as possible ladies. I went for a routine doctors appointment on Thursday and my BP was 130's/80's and had an NST done and the baby's heart had an irregular beat. They admitted me to L&D and I stayed for the 24 hour test and blood work along with a pediatric cardiologist who did an ultrasound on the baby's heart. So here is what they found. I am currently 33+3 weeks and I have 200 protein in my urine. 300 is considered preeclamptic. So in other words I am on the way there...good news I still can keep this baby cooking as long as we can. My blood work was wonderful so no problems with liver function or platelet levels. The baby has been found to have an arrythmia (spelling sorry) so in other words she is having an extra beat and then skipping a beat. Nothing they are too worried about. All else checked out with her heart ( structurally and muscles). So I am officially on bed rest at home until I have to have another c-section. I am just really hoping to get as far as possible. Currently I don't feel to bad other than the start of the headaches...I thought I had it the other day due to the stress of being admitted but I still have the ongoing dull pe headache. They increased my meds from 100mg of Labatelol once daily to 200mg twice a day. On the couch I got a reading of 115/50 so I assume it is working to at least control the BP for now.

Does anyone have any information on how 34-35 weekers do? I am terrified of the NICU experience again...although I know it will be very different from a 28 weeker. Just very scary because of how I lost my first DD from NEC/sepsis ( which I know if not common, especially in older preemies).

My two biggest fears at this point are losing another child and (selfish me: being on MAG again) UGH! I was on it for days until I had my first and it was just miserable. I also hated that I was on it after I had her fro 24 hours and couldn't see her...
Jennifer(30) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We added a third baby girl, Amelia born on 4-26-2013 at 36.4 wks. via scheduled c-section. PRE-free!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”