Severe preeclampsia at 30 weeks

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
celticepona

Re: Severe preeclampsia at 30 weeks

Postby celticepona » Tue Mar 08, 2011 05:45 pm

Holy Cow! I just found your post. Im so sorry you had such an experience. But I am glad that little Oliver is hanging in there. How are you doing now? Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Amy. DH Rich.
Emily born 04/01/04 @ 37 weeks. 5.bs 15 oz. Severe PE. Strict leftside bedrest 3 weeks before delivery, 2 weeks postpartum. Postpartum PE.
Isabelle born 04/19/08 @ 37 weeks. 6lbs 9 oz. PE. Under care of high risk peri and bp meds throughout preg.
IT'S A GIRL! Faith Michelle" due 06/18/11. Under care of high risk peri. On Aldomet for bps and antinausea meds.

SeattleMom

Postby SeattleMom » Fri Mar 04, 2011 04:58 am

Wow, truly amazing story which gave me goose bumps! God was very much protecting both of you! I pray the best that both of you will continue to heal and go home soon!

leftcoastgirl

Postby leftcoastgirl » Sun Feb 27, 2011 07:46 am

Amelia we have the same due dates for our Oliver's lol

Thanks for the replies, baby continues to do very good! He needs to start gaining weight though, he's having some intolerance to the breast milk fortifier, he's holding at 3 lbs.
I'm 37, DH is 45 - pregnant with #4 (surprise baby)
DD, 26 weeker - 16, 1 lb. 8 oz. severe pre-e
DS, 29 weeker - 13, 2 lb. 2 oz. severe pre-e
DS - 3 FULL TERM, no pre-e (lovenox, baby aspirin pregnancy, I have Factor V Leiden)
Due 4/25/11 ~ Oliver Isaac due to arrive 4/8 via scheduled c/s
Busy mommy and NICU nurse living in beautiful Oregon

amelia33

Postby amelia33 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 09:26 pm

I'm so glad you and Oliver are doing well! We're having another boy, his name will be Oliver too. :) Sending good thoughts your way!
Son: Nathan, born 37 weeks PE 6lbs 8 oz

Son #2 due April 25, 2011. Hoping to make it to 36 weeks. PE starting to show up again.

claricemaala

Postby claricemaala » Thu Feb 24, 2011 06:18 pm

Wow! Amazing. Congratulations!!!! Welcome to the world, little one.
I am wondering how long is the gap between your last pregnancy to this last one? I am just trying to get as much info about this 2 year window thing?
Thanks.
Mom to 6 year old. Born at 33 1/2 weeks after preeclampsia and abruptio placenta.
Angel boy -Michael- born 2/1/2010 at 31 weeks. Had pre eclampsia and hospital bedrest at 27 weeks. Died due to NEC. Forever loved and missed
Rainbow baby due Feb 2012. Hoping for a looooonnnnnnngggg uneventful pregnancy.

kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Congratulations on the birth of baby Oliver! That sounds like a scary experience to say the least! I wish you both speedy recovery and good health.
I can't help wondering if you and baby are in the same hospital I was. Even though my baby died I know she had good care by all the nurses at the NICU.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed

rosalinda

Postby rosalinda » Wed Feb 23, 2011 09:59 pm

I was reading your post on the edge of my seat..how WONDERFUL that everything turned out the way it did...I am soo happy tiny Oliver is doing great. But how traumatic & scary for both you & your husband. Hugs to you both, and cutie pie Oliver.
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 07:11 pm

Oh wow.....Im so sorry that you had to go thru PE. But, yes its all over now thanks to god....your baby is being taken care off. As I read your writting I started crying....I started thinking of how horrible it is to have this nasty PE.
I will be praying for your recovery, as well as your baby. Take care of yourself just get some rest. Please keep us posted...Again Congrats!!
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.

brandib

Postby brandib » Wed Feb 23, 2011 03:17 pm

Oh my! I would say yes you have seen the Hand of God!!!! Thank the Lord you were not just in the hospital when you abrupted, but they managed to get it right at that critical point!!!!! Some have abrupted in the hospital and lost their babies. What a scary but amazing story. That is just wow. Reallly scary after having such a good previous outcome. Wow. That has got to be one of the best PE stories I've heard yet! Congrats on ur baby and so wonderful hes doing good! Terrible you've had to go through so much.I prayed for your health as I typed this though!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 am

Oh jeez, what a ride! And after last time went so smoothly!

This disease is just brutal. I'm so glad you're both okay. Keep us posted on your recovery, and his - I know you've done this before, but it can be so rocky and a new surprise every time.

Hugs to you and welcome Earthside to Oliver!
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

Return to “Pregnant Again?”