I've been admitted to the hospital **UPDATE***

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
SeattleMom

Re: I've been admitted to the hospital **UPDATE***

Postby SeattleMom » Sun Feb 20, 2011 02:35 pm

So sorry to hear this. I will pray that things level out for you and that the baby can last a few weeks longer (if not to full term).

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 01:56 am

Im praying for you and your baby!!! If you had to deliver at 30 weeks that is not too bad...of course if you can deliver later that is great. Have they given you steroids to develop the babys lungs yet?

Keep us posted.
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 am

I am really hoping and praying for you! I know how hard it is to wonder how long you will be waiting or how short of a wait. I hope you can at least get a few weeks further. Hugs! Stay strong!
Jennifer(30) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We added a third baby girl, Amelia born on 4-26-2013 at 36.4 wks. via scheduled c-section. PRE-free!

angieb

Re: I've been admitted to the hospital

Postby angieb » Wed Feb 16, 2011 04:59 pm

I'm praying you can make it several more weeks or at least to 33. Hang in there!
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

leftcoastgirl

Postby leftcoastgirl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 01:39 pm

After drinking 300 oz yesterday and a liter of IV fluids, my AFI is not any better today, if anything worse according to the doc. The doc is pretty sure we are starting preeclampsia, yet how fast it will progress is to be seen. My labs are all ok (kidneys/liver, platelets etc) and tonight i'll have back my 24 hour urine results. The concerning things are on u/s right now...the low fluid (placental insufficiency) and some resistance in the umbilical cord flow. They dont think I will go much longer than a few more weeks, if that, and of course you all know with pre-e things can change on a dime. I would be happy to at least get to 33 weeks, that is my next goal but it may be a lofty one considering the last few ultrasounds ive had. My pressures have been pretty much in the 130/80s today with one nice reading in the 120s/78. Just trying to rest and keep quiet....my DH took my little one to preschool for the day and they are staying here with me at night. I have decided I dont like being here alone at all. I'm here until Friday at least where we will repeat the u/s and more labs and I will see my regular doc (I've been seeing another one in the practice....she wanted his opinion too).
I'm 37, DH is 45 - pregnant with #4 (surprise baby)
DD, 26 weeker - 16, 1 lb. 8 oz. severe pre-e
DS, 29 weeker - 13, 2 lb. 2 oz. severe pre-e
DS - 3 FULL TERM, no pre-e (lovenox, baby aspirin pregnancy, I have Factor V Leiden)
Due 4/25/11 ~ Oliver Isaac due to arrive 4/8 via scheduled c/s
Busy mommy and NICU nurse living in beautiful Oregon

danielsmom

Postby danielsmom » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 am

Prayers are with you. Hope this is just a bump in the road and everything will get back to normal soon.
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Wed Feb 16, 2011 07:53 am

Sending positive vibes your way and hoping you can hang on awhile longer!
Jamie
DD Carly 7-1-04 PE at 37 weeks (6 lbs 9 oz)
DD Anna 12-3-07 PE at 24 weeks and delivered at 38 weeks after 13 weeks bedrest, gestational diabetes, and oligo. This sweet baby has cerebral palsy and epilepsy thanks to my dear friend PE (5 lbs 15 oz)
DS Gabe 2-24-11 at 35 weeks for chronic HTN with superimposed PIH (5 lb 13 oz) 18 NICU days
http://www.ourlifeinholland.blogspot.com

cettvm

Postby cettvm » Wed Feb 16, 2011 07:51 am

Hi there, You are in a tough situation. Our thoughts are with you.

I had low normal AFI off and on and a midwife in our practice recommended "hydrotherapy", big term only to say "soak in the home tub for about 20-30 mts".
Do you think you could request some time to try that? It definitely worked for me.
I would fill the tub to warmer than lukewarm water (not hot by any means but not cold either). And lie on my side and switch every few minutes so my entire belly is soaked.
It was, if not anything else, very relaxing. After one week of doing this, my fluid levels went up about 4 count.
Of course, I also drank a ton of water and kept up my fluids. The logistics of the warm tub and water etc. were a bit cumbersome in my rented home but it was well worth the effort.
I have since then had normal AFIs.

Your pressures will normalize too. Keep the faith. You are quite early in term to be induced. So keep faith. You will be able to wait these weeks out.
Best wishes.

leftcoastgirl

I've been admitted to the hospital **UPDATE***

Postby leftcoastgirl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:18 pm

2/16 - Well I have preeclampsia, she reared her ugly head once again. So far its mild (300 proteinurea and my PIH labs are all normal) ...its the fluid around the baby that is the most concerning. I'm presuming that this all just started since my BPs have all been VERY normal until a week and a half ago. So how long can I go like this? Wish I knew the answer to that...we all know how unpredictable pre-e is. My regular doc will be in to see me on Friday, do a repeat u/s to check fluid levels (BPP) and more labs and make a decision if I will remain an inpatient or go home and be managed as an outpatient. I'm not hopeful he's going to let me go home with my history. My BPs have stayed around 140/80 all day so they are not worsening. I will keep you all posted.

BPs are not good, my baseline is 100/60 and i'm up to 130/140s over mid 80s....they are running PIH panels and doing a 24 hour urine. I am so incredibly bummed. I am only 30+1 today. My fluid is very low too which they are thinking is due to placental insufficiency and MAY deliver on that alone at the end of the week if it gets ANY worse (AFI is 4-5). I got a bolus of IV fluids and i'm drinking water like a fool...getting a repeat u/s tomorrow morning to check on things. I am hoping and praying that things go ok. My first PIH panels came back normal, and I only had trace urine on the dip, so hoping my PIH panel tomorrow won't be grossly abnormal. If I can just get this fluid up, I MIGHT be able to go home on strict bedrest. Say a prayer for little Oliver and I! I would be very happy to limp along until term but even if we can buy a few more weeks that is meaningful.
Last edited by leftcoastgirl on Wed Feb 16, 2011 07:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm 37, DH is 45 - pregnant with #4 (surprise baby)
DD, 26 weeker - 16, 1 lb. 8 oz. severe pre-e
DS, 29 weeker - 13, 2 lb. 2 oz. severe pre-e
DS - 3 FULL TERM, no pre-e (lovenox, baby aspirin pregnancy, I have Factor V Leiden)
Due 4/25/11 ~ Oliver Isaac due to arrive 4/8 via scheduled c/s
Busy mommy and NICU nurse living in beautiful Oregon

Return to “Pregnant Again?”