Caffiene related??? Caryn?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
leftcoastgirl

Caffiene related??? Caryn?

Postby leftcoastgirl » Fri Feb 11, 2011 05:07 pm

So after my doctor's appointment yesterday, I decided to cut out caffiene. I will admit I was having way more coffee than I probably should have (4-5 cups a day), and I had two cups prior to my doctor's appt on an empty stomach when they got those two high BP readings. I quit today (switched to decaf) and have only had one cup of that and i've had good readings all day, even when i'm up and active. I'm back down now to an average of 110/66 for the day. I am wondering if with baby growing, extra blood/fluid volume AND the caffiene that it was finally catching up to me by the third tri? I gave up caffiene for the first trimester but i've had it all during the second trimester (I work nights, its a hard habit to kick!). Any input? Caryn??...I would love your thoughts on this!

***UPDATE
Well cancel that theory. By bedtime my bp was back up to 130/80 just sitting on the couch, and this morning it was up right out of bed. Dangit! :(
I'm 37, DH is 45 - pregnant with #4 (surprise baby)
DD, 26 weeker - 16, 1 lb. 8 oz. severe pre-e
DS, 29 weeker - 13, 2 lb. 2 oz. severe pre-e
DS - 3 FULL TERM, no pre-e (lovenox, baby aspirin pregnancy, I have Factor V Leiden)
Due 4/25/11 ~ Oliver Isaac due to arrive 4/8 via scheduled c/s
Busy mommy and NICU nurse living in beautiful Oregon

Return to “Pregnant Again?”