Anyone pregnant & breastfeeding?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
cc

Re: Anyone pregnant & breastfeeding?

Postby cc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 01:03 pm

Weird I posted but it didn't show up. Anyways, yes I did nurse while pregnant. I got PG when DD was approx 13 months and we nursed until she self weaned at 18 months. I totally didn't see it coming and I was definitely sad to see it end :( I didn't have any milk left at that point though so I guess that's why?

However now that I'm producing some colustrum she's been very interested in them again. She's pointing to them referring to them as "the milkies" and saying "mmmmm" when she does. It'll be interesting to see if she goes back to nursing when baby gets here! (she's 20 months and I'm due in 1.5 months)

I definitely recommend AITN as well. Makes you feel less crazy when people start asking "can you do that??" or "is that safe for the baby???" Congrats on baby #3!

ilovepie

Re: Anyone pregnant & breastfeeding?

Postby ilovepie » Mon Jan 24, 2011 08:23 pm

I did! I'm now nursing both my boys - my baby is almost 4 months old and my toddler will be 3 at the end of March. Eek! He's not really a toddler anymore! It's been a really wonderful experience for me (mostly). And I think it's a big reason why my older son has never had a shred of jealousy - he is unbelievably sweet to his brother, and especially when they nurse together!

I highly recommend the book Adventures in Tandem Nursing!

carlisle980

Anyone pregnant & breastfeeding?

Postby carlisle980 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:55 am

Just curious whether anyone else is pregnant and also breastfeeding an older baby/toddler. My DS is 14 months old and we're still nursing about 7x/24 hrs. We absolutely love it and I have no plans to stop until he's ready. He's still such a baby and I'm in no hurry to grow him up!
~Carley (30, Idiopathic Chronic Hypertension)
Mama to Caitrin Emily (born 9/21/07 at 35.5 - premature labor, birthweight 5 lbs 15 oz, take-home baby)
& Collin Burton (born 11/13/09 at 36.1 - premature labor, birthweight 6 lbs 7 oz, take-home baby)
expecting #3 in Sept. 2011 (expecting not to carry past late August 2011)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”