on modified bedrest

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
skl

Re: on modified bedrest

Postby skl » Sat Jan 01, 2011 07:20 pm

Keep the faith! I am easily led into worst-case-scenario land myself, but there is no way of knowing what comes next. Stay strong, stay positive!

Happy New Year
SKL

bkanglin

on modified bedrest

Postby bkanglin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 05:33 pm

I have been on modified bedrest since 31 weeks, yesterday I was 33 weeks, not because of preeclampsia but because of preterm labor and bleeding. At 31 weeks I started having mucousy blood and contracting, the doctors also said that I was already 2cm dilated. There was no explanation for the bleeding, but I have been told that I have an irritable uterus. I am on medication to try to keep the contractions at bay, but they still sneak through. I thought that with this pregnancy my worries would be because of preeclampsia or HELLP syndrome, but instead it is because of contracting and the scare of preterm labor. My hope at this point is to make it to 36 weeks, which is when I delivered my son, Logan. That will be a huge milestone for me, but as I get closer to that time I become more anxious that preeclampsia or hellp syndrome is going to sneak up. I am very optimistic that we will be bringing a healthy baby girl, Breanna, home from the hospital with us, but am still nervous with everything going on now!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”