Kick counts

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
laura

Re: Kick counts

Postby laura » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:11 am

holy moly, this board keeps eating my replies!
I've had docs say to start doing them at 28 weeks, and then the next one said 32, cautioning me that when I started at 28 anyway that the baby was still small enough that you may not feel consistent movements all the time. I'm a huge fan of kick counts- you do enough of them you can start to get a feel for your baby's pattern, so that when my middle one started to have problems I tended to get a little more notice beforehand by way of changed patterns.
Mom to Allie (1998, severe PE)| Camille (2003, oligohydramnios )|the Dude (2007, chronic hypertension)
The Captain is my hero!

jenmatt1

Re: Kick counts

Postby jenmatt1 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 09:11 am

Laura - same thing happening here with my replies- thought it was just me. My doc said it is more important that you watch for activity- kicks are just an easy reminder to actually do them. With this pregnancy it has been much easier to follow movement. For my daughter, I never really felt the same sort of activity because the placenta was more in front that time. Honestly, with her I do not think I could have done kick counts because I never really felt her move- although on ultrasounds she was always moving
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

l412angel

Kick counts

Postby l412angel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:11 am

When do you start them? I have heard 28 weeks, to me that seems so late in pregnancy, especially for us non 40 weekers!

Carter moves around all the time...so just wondering when I can start them...I dont want o start too early and have false alarms?
Laura Angel (Factor V Leiden)
Mommy to Cara Angel 2LBS 11OZ 16 IN. Born at 30 weeks due to Severe PE & HELLP.
"My life went with you sweetheart the day angels called you home"

Our Rainbow Baby Carter born March 5 2011 7lbs 7oz 20.5in 36 weeks 4days PE FREE

Baby #3 due June 2012

Return to “Pregnant Again?”