so sick of expecting the worst at every dr appt

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Re : so sick of expecting the worst at every dr appt

Postby kerisue » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:22 pm

I expected the worst at every visit in my pregnancy with Millie and that was before I knew anything about pre-eclampsia.... can't imagine what it'll be like if I get pregnant again, after all that's happened.... 10x worse I'm sure. Sorry you have to feel that way too.

julieb

Postby julieb » Thu Sep 23, 2010 04:42 pm

As everyone else has said, it is easier to prepare yourself for the worst and then get good news. I was preparing myself for complications and bedrest the whole second pregnancy and one good thing is that when they did happen, much later with #2, I was more emotionally prepared for it. I still wish we could all have completely carefree pregnancies though!

emmyab

Postby emmyab » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:08 pm

i feel the same way! its like waiting for the other shoe to drop!!! its sad i feel like im being robbed the "joyful pregnancy" prepare for the worst pray for the best... sadly has become my mato

longhaulfamily

Postby longhaulfamily » Tue Sep 21, 2010 09:19 pm

I don't have any good advice because I struggle with the same thing. I tear up at least half the time but they are pretty understanding. My emotions are on oscillate anyway, but I think that it makes sense when we've all been through so much!

bkanglin

Postby bkanglin » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:46 am

I think that it is our way of preparing ourselves for if something does happen... we already know what is like to not a have a "perfect pregnancy" and are always on eggshells thinking it will strike again.

melissam

Postby melissam » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:10 pm

We do it because it is easier to expect the worst and have it turn out okay than it is to expect good things and have them go bad. Being pregnant after a loss or difficult pregnancy robs us of our innocence and it is really hard to move beyond that.

HUGS!

jenmatt1

so sick of expecting the worst at every dr appt

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:02 pm

I am so sick of expecting the worst everytime I have an OB visit. Today everything was great. Baby measuring right on size, good heartbeat, my bp is good today, no issues besides these leg cramps I am having, so why is it I am always expecting the worst every time I walk in that OB office. I just hate feeling that way and had to vent.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”