Call doctor's service...or wait until tomorrow?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
naomihope427

Re : Call doctor's service...or wait until tomorrow?

Postby naomihope427 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 02:15 pm

I agree with Laura! I always was hesistant, should I wait until tomorrow? But I always felt better calling or going in, rather be told it was nothing than to have had come in that very day and it saved me or my babys life! :)

apd

Postby apd » Mon Sep 06, 2010 01:14 pm

I'm sure you're not the only person that needed the OB/GYN this weekend - somebody had to have gone into labor too. I would call, especially since you can't just lay low today. Good luck and keep us updated!

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:36 am

To answer you in short...Yes! When in doubt always call!!

ilovepie

Call doctor's service...or wait until tomorrow?

Postby ilovepie » Mon Sep 06, 2010 09:10 am

I was on strict bedrest for a week, started Labetalol, and have been on restricted activity (getting myself in bed any time my blood pressure is slightly high) for a month.

My blood pressure has been 140/90 or higher for about 16 hours. I decided not to call on a Sunday because it's not super high, and I know some doctors don't even treat blood pressure until it's higher than that. But I'm not sure whether to call the service (they're closed for Labor Day) or wait until tomorrow.

If I wait until tomorrow, I'll have to keep myself on bedrest today, and I'm not sure how well I'll be able to do that because my 2y/o will be back from hanging with a sitter at 11:30, and no one else is going to be here until 4:30...

I think my doctor will just increase my dose of Labetalol...I doubt I'll be asked to go in for monitoring. I really really hope not, because I'm having a fair number of BH contractions, and I really do not want to get stuck in the hospital because they think I'm going into labor (I've been through this before).

Should I call?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”