Just wondering

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jamilyn

Re : Just wondering

Postby jamilyn » Sun May 31, 638939 9:28 am

It helps lower your BP since when you are up doing things it is raised. Simply proved by taking it after being up and around and then retaking it after laying down resting and it is much lower. It wont always solve the problem but it can slow it down. I had a few spikes when I was asleep but that was after a month of bedrest or longer so without that I'm sure the spikes wouldve just came a lot sooner and more often.

chloeada

Postby chloeada » Sun May 31, 638939 1:40 am

Hi- I have a question- what's the deal with bed rest? My high- risk OB said that research shows it does not stop the advance of the pre-ecclampsia and that he does not believe in it. But it seems like many of you have been on it! Does it work to lower BP or is it really just something doctors prescribe to show they've done everything they can to help you?

lucidity

Postby lucidity » Wed May 20, 638939 6:53 am

With my first, I was put on modified rest almost at the beginning of the pregnancy. Then by 22 weeks I was on full bedrest. He was delivered at 30 weeks.

My second, I was again put on modified rest at the beginning of the 2nd trimester and then at about 20 weeks on full bedrest. She was delivered at 38 weeks.

With this one, I'm not on any kind of restrictions......yet.....but I am with a different doctor this time.

I really hate bedrest........

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Fri May 08, 638939 8:00 pm

at 28 weeks, in the hospital for the remainder of the pregnancy. It was with PE diagnosis, BUT a bad blood result landed me in the hospital.

mrss

Postby mrss » Thu May 07, 638939 1:09 pm

I'm 28 weeks and so far I haven't been put on bedrest or told to take it easy at all. My BPs have been okay and exercise is a big stress reliever for me (even though I don't really like to exercise, I really hate how I feel when I don't exercise). Earlier I told my OB/GYN that I was going to spin/yoga classes and he said that was a perfect combination. Right now I'm thinking that I may start doing a water workout and switch to yoga light just to make myself more comfortable, but it's not anything that has been recommended to me.

julieb

Postby julieb » Thu May 07, 638939 5:23 am

With #2 I was told to take it easy the whole pregnancy but I was put on actual bedrest at 33 weeks. I did not have PE but DD was not growing well anymore and it was about a week later that my BP went up. I was on bedrest until she was delivered at 36 weeks.

sezza

Postby sezza » Wed May 06, 638939 5:25 pm

hey
I am not on or have been put on bed rest as my bps are still pretty good BUT i have made sure that i have plenty of "me" time in that my daughter goes to a babysitter for 5 hours a week in 2 lots and my mother has been here helping me from 28 weeks.
I think that this has made a VAST difference in this pregnancy as I feel that I was doing way too much in my first.
I have not seen any research that stress has an impact on pre-ecl but I feel in myself that rest and de-stressing is really important even just as a coping strategy.

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Wed May 06, 638939 10:17 am

I was on Heprin twice a day with my last 2. Right before i became pregnant with Stratton (number 2) I found out about a few slight blood clotting disorders and that was what was ordered for me. I was also on tons of Vitamins. (fish oil, calcium, folic acid {which im now on everyday}, iron, prenatal, and I believe one more but I cant remember. No aspirin though since I needed Heprin, so im not sure if aspirin works. We thought this treatment would work for me since I had slight clotting disorders and thats all they could find that may have something to do with me getting PE & HELLP. So now we have no explanation whatsoever.

riehlism

Postby riehlism » Wed May 06, 638939 9:42 am

Jamilyn, any aspirin or Lovenox with baby Stratton and Anthon?

naomihope427

Postby naomihope427 » Wed May 06, 638939 6:32 am

Put on frequent rests at home after 2 week hospital stay, at 27 weeks was put on those frequent rests and told by doctor to be taking it easy at home :).

Return to “Pregnant Again?”