What are the chances of developing pe IF?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jamilyn

Re : What are the chances of developing pe IF?

Postby jamilyn » Sun Apr 26, 638939 12:32 am

If you get it early and bad then you have a chance of getting PE in your following pregnancies. If you get it later and aren't severe then you have a less chance in following pregnancies. Every person is different though and Im really not one who looks at percentages anymore. So many things play into it and the Drs really don't have a way to really know. I went at 27 weeks then 35 weeks then my last one was 25 weeks. I was told by every OB and Peri that since I made it to 35 weeks and never got really bad that I had a really high chance of not getting it at all.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : What are the chances of developing pe IF?

Postby sonja » Sat Apr 25, 638939 8:10 pm

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=331

Here is our experts response to your question - I hope it helps.

ktsl123

What are the chances of developing pe IF?

Postby ktsl123 » Fri Apr 24, 638939 7:14 pm

Does anyone know what the chances of developing PE in your second pregnancy if you got pe in week 34 or after? Or what is your chance if you got PE before 34 weeks for your 2nd pregnancy.

Just curious if your chances are the same no matter at what week you have it the first time.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”