Pregnant again and weirdness (Intro)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
breannesmith55

Re : Pregnant again and weirdness (Intro)

Postby breannesmith55 » Wed Aug 19, 638939 9:11 am

I had a lot of symptoms of pre e at 14 weeks, I had +2 protein and then at 15 weeks,+1, then it just went away and I havent had it sense then. They ruled out a uti and said sometimes you can get a false positive because of dehydration. It was really unexplained for me, but my ob assured me not to worry bc my blood pressure wasn't elevated at that time. Now my bp is on the rise but no urine protein?
You might be having a confusing pregnancy like I am, I've had pitting edema,protein in my urine, bp spikes, and blurry vision/headache, but never at the same time, which means no pre e, let us know if your dr. says anything helpful..try and relax, but keep an eye on everything. good luck :)

sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : Pregnant again and weirdness (Intro)

Postby sonja » Fri Feb 27, 638939 2:32 pm

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Does you OB have anything to say about your rib pain? Pre-e doesn't typically show up until after 20 weeks (although we have had few rare cases of it before then), so I wouldn't think that it would be pre-e causing it, but if it is uncomfortable it is worth getting checked out.

Have you had a 24 hour urine test done? Lots of times OB's will do them early in pregnancy to get a base line of where your protein level is at.

I think that the best thing to do is to have a doctor that you really trust and that you can talk to. I really liked having a proactive doctor after going through a pre-e pregnancy.

Best wishes to you.

queenbuzz

Pregnant again and weirdness (Intro)

Postby queenbuzz » Fri Feb 27, 638939 1:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm pregnant..14 weeks. My last (and first) pregnancy I had pre-eclampsia towards the end of my pregnancy. It was somewhat mild and I was induced as he was at term.

This pregnancy, I am older (39) and weigh a lot more (Last time I started at 185 and this time at 235!!!). I'm really nervous about getting a bad case of preeclampsia.

At my last doctor's appointment there was a trace of protein. My urine has seemed cloudy sometimes and I have rib pain on the right side and shoulder pain on the right side. However, my BP is normal 138/75. I'm not sure if the rib/shoulder thing is a muscular thing or not as at one point I was having what felt like back spasms and pain and now I just have a dull ache.

Any advice would be great.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”