What to eat?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sezza

Re : What to eat?

Postby sezza » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:47 pm

I find that nuts and seeds are really handy. Even now at 31 weeks. they are full of protein and they are good for you and you can snack when you need. I would also melt some good quality dark chocolate and put chopped nuts in there and then let them cool in bite sized pieces. found them really handy in the first trimester. i steered away from the salted ones but found the non salted dry roasted ones pretty easy to get.
ginger is really good for morning sickness so maybe if you can get some in a tea and sip that it might help. i found it pretty good, esp when mixed with lemon.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 03:27 pm

the only thing I could stomach to eat for first few weeks was fruit, toast and ice cream- so that's what I did. Even now at 17 weeks, I still feel a little queasy- and have lost 7 lbs since the beginning of the pregnancy- but my stomach is huge already and baby growing fine so doctor said she would not be concerned unless I lost 15 or more (though I think it depends on starting weight). Most meats I can tolerate no more than 1 or 2 bites and even outside of pregnancy I haven't eaten an egg in 30 years - so trying to make sure I get enough protein. I also find eating many small meals throughout the day helped- so I would eat 5-6 small meals a day.

lakensmommy

Postby lakensmommy » Sun Aug 01, 2010 01:26 pm

my doc said to eat what i can, and that I can take up to 75 mg of b vitamin. The b vitamin is supposed to help with morning sickness. But i'm kinda in the same boat as you I am 6w4day and am starting to get the sour stomach i even bought a sandwich to eat last night and couldn't bring myself to eat it I had to have DH bring me watermelon, honey dew, bluberries and raspberries up to work, b/c thats what seems to settle my stomach right now.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Thanks everyone! I guess I am just nervous because I want to keep my sodium intake down as much as I can and I do have VERY high cholesterol...not medicated its in the high 400's. So Im just being a worry wart!

melissam

Postby melissam » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:21 pm

I am a huge carb eater! I totally crave ramen, mashed potatoes, bread, etc. Now that I am 12 weeks, I am holding down and eating better, but still feeling yucky almost all day. The mornings are better than the evenings though.

At this point, just eat whatever you can. Your baby will pull what nutrients it needs through you and it will be just fine.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 09:50 pm

Eat what stays down. One of our posters had an entire pregnancy where the placenta wanted guacamole to feed to the baby. Just guacamole. :) She was eating like a tub of guacamole a day. And it stayed down when very little else would, IIRC.

jean

Postby jean » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:36 am

I thought lunchmeat was ok if you weren't eating out somewhere? I thought the bad stuff only happened from meat sitting out on a counter or something. Am I wrong about that?

mrss

Postby mrss » Fri Jul 30, 2010 09:29 pm

Absolutely eat what you can keep down right now. Both times I have pretty much grazed on carbs during the first trimester. I am normally a big veggie and fish eater, but they just didn't appeal to me as much during early pregnancy. Fruits were much more tolerable. We have food allergies in our family, no peanuts of any kind is a big NO for me during pregnancy or breastfeeding, but Sunbutter is okay now that I'm used to it.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Jul 30, 2010 08:53 pm

Eat what works for you - what you can tolerate. And I've heard lunch meat is ok if you heat it up first (you can let it cool down before you eat it). Sipping fresh lemonade helped me a little with the queasies. The Simply Lemonade is good if you don't wanna squeeze your own.

klutsyone01

Postby klutsyone01 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 08:17 pm

this sounds bad, but whatever you can eat, EAT! i have all the time sickness the whole pregnancy with both my boys. neither could tolerate most meat. so i eat what they will allow, beans, peanut butter. simple carbs are easier for me to handle. just dont make nit too fattening. most fruits and veggis are tolerable for me to in small quanities. how ever straight up milk is a huge no-no! so i get my dairy from other sources. the best advice is try to find a balance between what your baby will let you eat nd good nutrian.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”