what happens when you don't get the good numbers??

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jenmatt1

Re : what happens when you don't get the good numbers??

Postby jenmatt1 » Fri Nov 11, 638935 6:27 am

sezza - I agree with you telling me chances are everything will be ok this time drives me crazy. I am a control freak to begin with anyway and I control the things I can so I don't feel so crazy and overwhelmed by everything else.

I agree too that it is nice to have this forum to vent and complain and have women really understand what you are talking about.

sezza

Postby sezza » Thu Nov 10, 638935 6:30 am

Hey
thanks for the replies. It is such a killer when there is a slight deviation in results when you go for a check up as I am so good at looking at the one thing that was slightly not normal not the things that were totally normal and actually good.

I think that you are right sonja, i just have to trust that the people that are looking after me have it sorted and if there was any problem then they would be acting. I find it so hard to step out side of myself when the emotions start flying and look at the facts... which are that things are pretty good.
I think that you are also right jenmatt1 and l412angel. I need to get some control over the things that i can. i may be the only one here that finds taking my bp makes me more anxious. if i do not get the numbers that i want then i ruminate over it even more!!!!

I tried to think back to what my counsellor would say and she gave me a saying to ask myself which is "what is going on here".... and i think that has to do with control. I have no control over whether i have another preterm or not. that has been decided as the placenta is well and truly running now. i felt with molly that i had no control as i went to the hospital feeling a bit crook and 2 hours later i had had my child... and I am scared of that happening again. and i think that this is where i have to try and get some control if it happens again.

So after talking to my husband I am going to write a set of directives that if i have a sudden birth like i did with molly then i will things written down that i want to happen that are not negotiable. This includes seeing the baby asap after birth, getting them having skin to skin asap which i felt took a very long time when i had molly. I suppose it makes me feel that i have control over the things that i have control over and if something happens then i do not have to try and think about things that i have been thinking about for the last 2 years, if this makes sense!!!!

so thanks for the rant. You guys get it here. it can be hard to hear "i am sure that it will be ok this time" which is what i get a bit.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Thu Aug 13, 638933 1:52 am

I have to agree with Jen! Doing whatever you can do to gain control....taking your BP, urine test strips...whatever can give your mind some sense of calm! :)

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Wed Aug 12, 638933 6:55 pm

I think you just need to do things you can take control off to give you more of a sense of empowerment. For me that is taking my BP, taking time to relax and take care of myself and not being afraid to tell people no (there is really no reason for added stress with this kind of history). That makes me feel more in control of the whole situation and keeps my nerves- and BP- in check more.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Wed Aug 12, 638933 4:32 pm

It is so hard not to worry - we so get that around here.

I think that you need to listen to your doctor and if they aren't freaked out by your numbers then try really hard not to be. Although you do have a raise in numbers and it is higher for you, it is just something to keep an eye out on. I got swelling bad during my second and my OB told me that she would note it and keep and eye on it, but unless something else came up not to worry.

So, try not to worry - I know, easier said then done. Come here and complain all that you want, we will listen!

sezza

what happens when you don't get the good numbers??

Postby sezza » Wed Aug 12, 638933 11:52 am

Hey
I am 26.3 weeks pregnant and I went and saw my midwife yesterday. All is going well... baby is growing REALLY well, lots of fluid in utero, no protein in my pee but my bp was 137/79. For anyone else that is a pretty good bp even though the systolic is a bit high but I put that down to nerves.
My usual range is 110/60-70 so I am FREAKING. My middy thought that it was ok as I was clocking these ranges when I first went in as I was on a bit of emotional roller coaster as I am now. My mother in law just spent 2 weeks with us and it was a bit of a nightmare which also included a wee incident that triggered a lot of memories of when Molly was born.
I know that this is probably just a blip in pressure and that it will smooth out when I get my emotions under control but I am finding it VERY hard to get my emotions under control. It was about this time that I started getting deviations with Molly. I do not have half the symptoms that I did with her and the stats are on my side.... BUT how do I get it under control????
Anyone else had blips or high blood pressure and it went on to be ok?? I am sure that it will be ok but I cannot help having a wee voice in my head saying "this might be the start of something more"
The more that I try and not focus on it the more that I focus on it. I went and borrowed a bp cuff from my mate and it is still clocking the same figures. I just want 1 that is lower so that I can go sweet. it will be ok. At the moment I am not so sure!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”