How long to stay on baby aspirin?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lauchlan

Re : How long to stay on baby aspirin?

Postby lauchlan » Tue Aug 11, 638933 3:51 pm

I'll be on LDA until delivery. Lovenox until 36 weeks (if I make it that far) and then switch to Heparin 2x/day until after delivery at which point I'll switch back to Lovenox until 6 weeks postpartum.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Sat Aug 01, 638933 5:37 am

I stayed on my LDA up until delivery as well - I was told it wasn't a big risk. Obviously I hope you get an answer from your docs - but my emergency c-section went great ( well as great as a C-section is) and I had no additional issues from the LDA. I stayed on it for about a week after delivery ( my PE got worse after delivery though)

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Fri Jul 31, 638933 8:05 am

well I meet with another doc at my OB practice next time, so I guess I will ask again and see what answer I get. I don't have issue with staying on until 36 weeks as long as it doesn't give me any add'l risks with the c-section.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Wed Jul 29, 638933 10:25 pm

I was in the hospital on bedrest and given it the day before I delivered (didn't know until the day of that I was going to deliver). I had no problems resulting from the LDA. I didn't have an emergency c/s but my doc decided at 3am that she was going to deliver based on uncontrollable BPs, and I was told at 7:30am...then just had to wait for an OR.

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Mon Jul 20, 638933 9:16 pm

I was advised to stay on it through delivery, but I was also on lovenox (switched to heparin near the end, then taken off the shots a few days before scheduled c-section). I do have a clotting disorder. It's so frustrating when the doctors don't agree -- I hope you can get some answers (maybe 3rd opinion?). Good luck!!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Jul 20, 638933 4:32 pm

I was told to discontinue at 34 weeks, but I've seen plenty others stay on it through delivery. I'm not sure if my situation was influenced by the lovenox I was also on or if I would've been instructed to stop lda regardless. I started back up after delivery, but that was only because of a clotting issue.

jenmatt1

How long to stay on baby aspirin?

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Jul 20, 638933 7:40 am

so I have been discussing with my doctors about how long to stay on LDA. One wants me to stay through end of 2nd trimester, the other through 36 weeks.

I have been tested and have no known underlying disorders. My docs put me on LDA to help with miscarriage issued and to try to help with the HELLP syndrome.

I'd rather stay on it longer than not longer enough. Since I went at 34 1/2 weeks with my daughter, I am worried though about staying on until 36 and having to have emergency c-section again before that. I am concerned about risks of bleeding, etc.

Any suggestions?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”