Too soon??

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : Too soon??

Postby sonja » Sat Jun 27, 638933 2:39 pm

It would be very rare for pre-e to show up before 20 weeks - we have seen it a few times around here, but again it is really rare.

Since your OB wanted you to call in if it continued, and it is and you are worried about it, I would go ahead and call in and see what they want you to do

Take care.

l412angel

Re : Too soon??

Postby l412angel » Sat Jun 27, 638933 12:08 pm

I would request a 24 hour urine. Unfortunately it is never too early for PE. Your symptoms can be normal pregnancy symptoms, so its always hard to say. You could go to L&D for further monitoring.

chloeada

Too soon??

Postby chloeada » Sat Jun 27, 638933 9:15 am

Am I crazy? I called my MFM on Friday because I started having shortness of breath and a fast heartbeat. My BP was fine, 125/75, and he said that it was too early for pre-e, (I'm 16 weeks), so this was probably just a normal pregnancy symptom due to increased blood volume, but to call him back if it continued. Well, I still have shortness of breath, and now I'm also feeling really bad heartburn, which is also a normal symptom of pregnancy. But when I googled them together, the preeclampsia.org website came up, and both those things are symptoms of pre-e! Isn't it too soon to have it again? I'm feeling awful about this, and it's the weekend and I don't want to go into the hospital. anyone else have shortness of breath and heartburn and it WASN'T pre-e? That would make my day!
Thanks,
Chloe

Return to “Pregnant Again?”