freakin out -any ideas?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jenmatt1

Re : freakin out -any ideas?

Postby jenmatt1 » Wed Jun 03, 638933 7:55 am

so talked with nurse and she stated because of the coloring of what I described and fact it was one time with no pain or cramping, that is probably shedding of the uterus as the placenta attaches. She said she did not feel I needed to come in, but that if I had any pain or add'l bleeding to call her and she would get me in right away. She also said that if tomorrow morning, I still feel nervous to call her and she would squeeze me in for an ultrasound so I didn't have to wait for Monday.

I guess I am ok with this plan right now- when I had miscarriages I felt like something was wrong and this time I don't feel that way plus I have had 2 good ultrasounds, so for now my plan is to wait until Monday unless something comes up.

jules2

Postby jules2 » Wed Jun 03, 638933 12:18 am

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea but you hope you get the reassurance and everything turns out ok?

Best wishes x

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Tue Jun 02, 638933 11:25 pm

thanks- I agree with all of you- I tossed and turned all last night worried, so I have call into my doctor this morning and left message asking if there is anyway I could have ultrasound today or tomorrow rather than waiting until Monday.

I did bleed a very small amount around week 9 or 10 with my daughter so I know it can be nothing, but also with my miscarriages that was the first sort of sign too of that. Thanks for the support.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Tue Jun 02, 638933 1:09 am

If it is any reassurance, I had slight bleeding twice while pregnant with DS - at 6 weeks and again at 8 weeks. Then no more bleeding for the remainder of the pregnancy.

A good friend had a lot of bleeding with her son, but went full-term and he was born perfect, though via c-section because he was breech. He was 9 pounds at 38.5 weeks, and now is an adorable, smart, artistically gifted, and sweet 5 year old. :)

Sometimes a little bit of blood is a problem, but most of the time it's not. Getting official reassurance from a doc is always a good thing though!

Good luck and keep us posted!

sezza

Postby sezza » Tue Jun 02, 638933 12:38 am

I would def call.
With your past history I would want the reassurance. It would make it a VERY long and stressful weekend.
Hope that all goes ok!!!
Thinking of you.

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Mon Jun 01, 638933 10:16 pm

When that happened to me, I called -- I had spotting several times in 1st trimester and a couple of times in the third (including one significant incident in the 3rd), and in my case they felt it was OK, but I would have been a basketcase if I hadn't called. My OB ended up thinking it came from my cervix (I have a history of a touchy cervix during pregnancy!) but I'm still glad I got it checked out. Hugs and hope it goes well!!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat May 23, 638933 7:40 pm

Why not call in and let them reassure you.

(((Hugs))))).

jenmatt1

freakin out -any ideas?

Postby jenmatt1 » Sat May 23, 638933 6:17 pm

Ok so earlier today when I wiped I got a tiny dot of what looked like a pindrop of blood and I am freakin out. I am at 11 weeks today - I actually has a small amt of bleeding right around same time with my daughter but I have also had multiple miscarriages (1 in 2nd trimester) and I am extremely nervous.

So I have a doctor appt and ultrasound on Monday morning (I have heard heartbeat twice now and everything looked good so far). This was literally a pintop drop of sort of dried blood and I have had no further bleeding at all today but I am wondering if I should call my doctor and try to be seen tomorrow or Friday or stick it out until Monday and be miserable all weekend. - Any suggestions?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”