Making it!!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
ruby608

Re : Making it!!!

Postby ruby608 » Thu Jun 25, 638933 4:04 am

That's so uplifting to hear. Keep trucking mama!

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Mon Jun 15, 638933 5:17 pm

I was on lovenox injections during most of my pregnancy, heparin injections at the end (until a couple of days before delivery, then just LDA), and I was put back on lovenox injections the night I got home from the hospital (I was there 3 nights). They wanted to wait a certain amount of time to restart lovenox, I think the concern was making sure it wasn't started too soon after removing the epidural. I'm on the injections for 6 weeks postpartum.

Congratulations on passing the point you had your daughter -- that was an emotional day for me. Hugs and good wishes!

anonpreemiemom

Postby anonpreemiemom » Sun Jun 14, 638933 3:25 pm

congratulations!!

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Sat Jun 13, 638933 12:17 pm

Fantastic news! Great news that I like to hear being a fellow clotter myself!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat May 23, 638933 7:12 am

That's great news, Alicia! Hopefully, these last four weeks will go just as smoothly! Lovenox is an injection, so if he prescribes lovenox, it will be a self-administered injection usually once per day. I used it both during pregnancy and for five weeks postpartum. My doctors were okay with coumadin (which is a pill form) for the postpartum period - not during pregnancy, though - but because of the level of monitoring required and knowing I'd have a new baby at home whom I didn't want to drag to the office/lab so often in the beginning, I chose to continue with the injections. Hope to read that your little one is here soon (well, not too soon!). :)

grasshoppamama

Making it!!!

Postby grasshoppamama » Sat May 23, 638933 5:50 am

I am so thankful to say that I have made it past the point I had my daughter without showing any signs of preeclampsia. I have no swelling, BP has been great, and no protein! I definitely don't want to sound like I am bragging. Just want to give hope to some out there that a positive outcome is possible. That is not to say that something couldn't still happen. I am exactly 4 weeks away from my scheduled c-section. I guess that the LDA and Folgard have helped. I do have 2 thrombophilias (see my signature), but my doctor said since I delivered at 32 weeks he would not recommend Lovenox in pregnancy. Anyway...I have a question.
Dr. said he would put me on blood thinners AFTER my c-section because this is the greatest risk time for me to get a blood clot. Does that mean that I will be getting injections? Has anyone else been on blood thinners after delivery, but not during pregnancy? Just not sure what to expect.
Good luck to everyone on this rollercoaster! It is an emotional journey the second time around. I am just still praying to leave the hospital with a baby :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”