Well, I didn't ever expect to post here again.

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
love_the_daschies

Re : Well, I didn't ever expect to post here again.

Postby love_the_daschies » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 am

congrats and wishing you a very boring... but fun 9 months.

What a nice little surprise you found in there!

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Sat Jun 26, 2010 05:45 pm

oh my goodness Melissa! CONGRATS!Heres to a happy and safe 9 months!

melissam

Postby melissam » Wed Jun 23, 2010 07:57 am

Thanks,

Yes, I certainly went against the odds. We were prepared for PE and other bad complications and NONE of the them happened. The only reason Kate was 36 weeks was because I went into labor and they couldn't stop it and I am not allowed to contract with the Classical C-section.

We actually think that all the complications I had with my second baby was due to a bad implantation at the very beginning. I had my first ultrasound with her at 5+ weeks and even then they noticed that the sac was irregular. The third time around we knew about the MTHFR and I was on a regimen of baby aspirin, lovenox and folgard (heavy dose of folic acid.) I don't know if that helped or not, but it didn't seem to hurt things. Then you also have to look at the statistic of length between pregnancies. People tend to get it on their first pregnancy, which I did. But if I recall correctly, I thought I remember reading that after 5 years or such then your body almost treats it as a 1st pregnancy again. I don't know if that had anything to do with me not getting it the third time around or not, as I got pregnant just 11 months later. So now that it has been 4 years, we will have to see how things play out.

Of course, preeclampsia isn't the only thing we are worried about this time. With my second and her placental defect, I developed a rather high Rh antibody. At this point, that is the one that I am most worried about. Luckily, my third baby is a negative Rh and didn't help to increase the titer.

Oh, how I wish I could have a normal pregnancy. Let's hope it is at least as normal as possible, as they will never truly be "normal." :) Thanks for the well wishes.

anonpreemiemom

Postby anonpreemiemom » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Wow Melissa! I am fascinated by your birth history but first off congratulations!! So you had PE at term with the first (37 wks), but then PE extremely early with the 2nd (24 wks), and then nothing with the 3rd? You appear to go against what generally seems to happen with subsequent pregnancies being less severe and later? (course everyone is different, just going by stats) Can I ask if the docs gave you any explanations? Anything different between #2 and #3?

Sending good thoughts for a very very normal pregnancy this time!!!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 am

Congratulations!!!!

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 05:32 pm

Congratulations!

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:18 am

Saying my prayers early and often for you and also very excited for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

melissam

Postby melissam » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:09 am

Thank you ladies. I really am excited, but oh so nervous all at the same time. It has been almost 4 years since I had a baby and not really looking forward to the diapers and potty training again, but I guess we get to do it anyway. :) HAHAHA

denise

Postby denise » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Congrats Melissa!!

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”