Suprise Pregnancy

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
brianned5

Re : Suprise Pregnancy

Postby brianned5 » Wed Sep 10, 638932 4:09 pm

I understand your concerns. My first born was delivered at 25 weeks, she lived 10 days. I got pregnant 6 months later, I was about 15 pounds heavier, my blood pressure never went down from my pregnancy with Kylie, it was out of control. I had a 50% chance of reoccurrence and was given terrible odds. I delivered my second born at 36 weeks. She's 8 months old. There is never a guarantee, but it is definately possible to have a much better outcome. Good luck and congratulations!

lauchlan

Postby lauchlan » Wed Sep 10, 638932 6:00 am

Congratulations! And taking a list of questions is a great idea!!!

Also, have you consulted with a Perinatologist or MFM? They will be able to tell you the reoccurrance rate and can tell you if there is anything you can do differently this time.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Fri Jun 23, 638930 3:30 pm

I would make a list and take it with you to your next appointment. You can also ask any questions you have on here. Congrats to you!

emmyab

Suprise Pregnancy

Postby emmyab » Fri Jun 23, 638930 4:50 am

I had Severe PE with my first preg. I started get symptoms at 30 weeks, bed rest at 30 hospitalzation at 32 had my son at 34 and 4 days. 2 weeks in the NicU and hes fine a wonderful 3 year old. But now im prego again, apx 8 weeks, im 20lbs heavier than before (i am overweight) and now more worried than ever, I love the idea of a nother child, but the reality is its not an easy road, the illusion of the "perfect pregnacy" has been burst. I just dont even know what and where to start? I love my doctor and he was great witht he first one, but i dont feel any smarter about PE now, i think i even hae more Q's!!
From what i understand, i have about a 20% chance of reacurance, with the likely hood that it will happen around 30 weeks again. but im sure my chances are high since i an more over weight than with the fist one. i know lots of moms on here are in simular situations. ive over joyed by the blessing but terrified by the idea of problems ealier... ssigh thanks for reading my emotional unload.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”