Pregnant again and having symptoms...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
melib

Re : Pregnant again and having symptoms...

Postby melib » Sat May 01, 2010 02:19 pm

Hi,
I wish you the best of luck with your choice. I went through this choice last year, and as of 8 weeks into the pregnancy, I was having 'symptoms' of something. Whether you want to call it pe or not, it certainly felt the same as my previous pregnancy with severe preeclampsia. I *knew* that at some point during that pregnancy it was going to come down to my life or the baby's. Having the weight of this choice on your shoulders is almost impossible. I hope you are at peace with whatever choice you make.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Sat May 01, 2010 01:06 am

Like others said - your OB should be able to help you figure out what is going on - probably not PE this early. I have high BP in pregnancy VERY early , but not outside of pregnancy. I did want to reassure you about weight - many doctors do not think it makes a huge difference. I am one example of it not mattering - I was very active and healthy my first pregnancy and developed PE at 21 weeks and my son was stillborn (also on 4/29/09) at 22 weeks. My second pregnancy - I got pregnant in August and delivered March 30/2010. My son was 36 weeks + 4 days. I was 240 pounds :o So being heavier didn't make the second pregnancy worse.

I am sorry about your situation with the husband and hope you two can come to a decision together

muddmomma2

Postby muddmomma2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 05:48 pm

Yes I agree with the rest of the ladies! Talk to your doctor! It could be something taht can be easily treated and NOT pre-e! Definitly visit a MFM if you have not done so already! Good luck and take care! :)

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Thu Apr 22, 2010 02:07 pm

I hope you are able to meet with your doctor(s) to find out what is going on and make an informed decision. I know our situations are different, but have you considered the possibility that you might be experiencing some anxiety, too, and that could be causing some odd symptoms? Sounds like you have a lot going on right now. For me, my husband deployed to Afghanistan two days before I found out I was pregnant (not exactly planned) and I freaked out (full blown panic attack, called 911 in the middle of the night) and am now going through counseling and taking meds for it. Since you are looking for advice, please strongly consider what the ladies here have said and talk to a doctor, be it your OB or general care. Whatever decision you make, you deserve to have all the correct information. I hope you feel better soon!

hillelbebop

Postby hillelbebop » Thu Apr 22, 2010 01:33 pm

Thank you everyone. I've never had high bP before i was preeclamptic, and I'm just so worried that if I keep this baby I will be even more unhealthy. I still am having problems loosing the weight from last time and I don't want to terminate it but I'm just not sure what to do. I dont want to risk my health and I know my son needs me. I'm not sure if my weight will make this an unhealthy pregnancy, even though I eat well and exercise regularly. My doctor said that it could be from a number of things, but my insurance (tricare) will not pay for termination unless I'm literally on my death bed, and even then they still try to save the baby. Waiting for test results at the moment and hoping that my "husband" will take part in this decision. Thank you all and I will keep you up to date :)

denise

Postby denise » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:51 am

Kimberly, I just sent you an email. I agree with the ladies, definitely speak with your OB about your concerns. If it's your blood pressure, perhaps you have chronic bp now. Do you have a support person near you that you can talk with to discuss everything that is going on in your life at the moment?

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:26 am

Please talk to your OB ASAP. It is too early for any symptoms you are having to be related to PE but your OB should be able to help you figure out what *is* going on. (((HUGS)))

sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:38 pm

I am sorry to hear you are feeling symptoms that seem PE like, but I would definitely go see your OB and an MFM. What symptoms are you experiencing?

Also, your situation with your husband sounds really difficult, but before making any decisions, I'd try to get some help/advice or counseling.

merz4

Postby merz4 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 09:34 pm

I really doubt it would be pre-e this early - I would definitely talk with a doctor. I was told that pre-e, if it does happen again is usually later and less severe. I would highly, highly recommend talking to a perinatologist before making any decisions. I am really sorry to hear about your husband. I hope things work out for you.

jean

Postby jean » Wed Apr 21, 2010 09:23 pm

Wow, that's really early to be having symptoms. Did you talk to your doctor about it?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”