Chronic Hypertensive: What meds are you on?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kbunsey

Re : Chronic Hypertensive: What meds are you on?

Postby kbunsey » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:48 pm

LDA and 30mg Nifedipine (Procardia) XL

lukesmom06

Postby lukesmom06 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 am

THanks again for sharing ladies, I am armed with info if I start to have any issues. I was a little freaked out because they found my prolactin was high and put me on parodel. The warning label said NOT RECCOMMENDED IF YOU HAVE HAD PRE-E. I freaked an called my doctor. She said to keep watching my pressures, but the warning is more for ladies who have just delivered due to pre-e and are trying to dry up their milk supply. My pressures have been running great, the highest has been 135/80 which is close to my normal, the lowest was 111/62..and I nearly passed out! LOL..

I am so very excited! Ready to be pregnant again!

I am so grateful for this site.

leeann34

Postby leeann34 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Clonidine and labetolol

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 03:01 pm

Glad to hear things are settling back down. I was terrified to take the estrogen when I cycled last time. I was afraid it would screw with my BP as well as emotions. I was pleasantly surprised.

Good luck!!

lukesmom06

Postby lukesmom06 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:25 am

I was so excited yesterday, my BP was 122/80... on two estrogen patches! That is a miracle for me!! I even went for a walk because it was so nice and thought I would have a higher reading...just so excited I had to share!

lukesmom06

Postby lukesmom06 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:45 am

It is settling down a little, I am wondering if the Vit D is helping? I also cut my sodium back and pushing the fluids... I really hope this results in a pregnancy...

merz4

Postby merz4 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 09:42 pm

I am not on any meds for HTN now, but between my first and second pregnancies my BP didn't go back down so I was on procardia all of my second pregnancy (and prior to that pregnancy.) Miraculously my HTN resolved by itself AFTER my second pregnancy. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after the 2nd and I wonder now if I had sub-clinical hypothyroidism the whole time that impacted my BP.

mom29

Postby mom29 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 09:08 pm

I was on labetalol during my last pregnancy.

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:43 am

quote:Originally posted by Lukesmom06

My RE is the one who said no Labetalol until second trimester. I didn't have the greatest care last time from my OB and I have a new one and will be closely monitored once I am pregnant.

That sounds similar to my experience. My RE looked up Labetalol and said he didn't *think* it should be used in the 1st trimester. However, he also told me to check with my OB & MFM because they would be more up to date on current treatments. If your RE is like mine, it has probably been a while since he has managed a pregnancy. Mine actually told me that when he was in med school, probably only 1/10th of the BP meds in his reference book were even around back then.

Hopefully either your BP will start evening out on the Methyldopa or your doctor will find something else that works better for you. It is possible that your body just needs a little more time to adjust to the new meds.

jend01

Postby jend01 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:16 am

I am on Toporol (metoprolol), not sure what I will be switched to if we decide to get pregnant again.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”