Light spotting (update)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : Light spotting (update)

Postby sonja » Thu Jun 10, 638923 5:58 am

Great news!

lilysmommymindy

Postby lilysmommymindy » Thu Jun 10, 638923 3:30 am

Yay! I'm sooooo very glad that everything is okay! Keeping positive that your next u/s will be just as happy! :)

lauchlan

Postby lauchlan » Thu Jun 10, 638923 2:42 am

I had a scary red blood episode when I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant with Grace also. It didn't last long (maybe 4 hours) but it was enough to send me to the ER. The doc started talking about a D&C, but I refused any treatment until they gave me an ultrasound. Obviously, everything turned out OK.

I think it happens a lot more than you think, but it's super scary when it does!

So glad everything is OK now!

lennoxlm

Postby lennoxlm » Thu Jun 10, 638923 12:22 am

With my daughter I spotted for two weeks, I was about 8 or 9 weeks along they had me get an ultrasound and all I was able to see was the heartbeat... best of luck to you!

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Sun May 30, 638923 11:25 pm

Hey Amanda,

Sorry I am just seeing this. I want to share my experience with you.

With this pregnancy - I had a scare at 5 weeks 4 days where I went to pee and saw bright red blood (and TMI - but the cramping was awful and the only relief I felt was squatting on the toilet) I was sure it was a miscarriage. We had a u/s and it only showed a gestational sac and a yolk sac. 3 days later I woke up with lots more maroon/ dark red blood - like a lot and cried and went back to bed thinking the pregnancy had to be over. I had another u/s that day and we saw the heartbeat and found a subchorionic hematoma. That was the reason for my bleeding. The next 2 weeks were filled with scary spotting episodes that never lasting long - but were crampy and fresh blood. 2.5 weeks later I had terrible cramps and passed a bunch of old clotted blood. A u/s at 8.5 weeks showed the hematoma was gone!

It was terrifying but that was my bleeding experience. The first u/s never picked up the hematoma because it was so small- then I rebleed and it was big enough to see.

I am glad your scan came back nicely and hope your scary spotting ends now! Woo hoo for cardiac activity :)!

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Sun May 30, 638923 5:59 pm

Glad the apt went well. Just so you know seeing cardiac activity that early is a GREAT sign. Congratulations.

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Sun May 30, 638923 3:25 pm

Thanks for your reassurance ladies! It helped me get through a very long afternoon.

The ultrasound showed a gestational sac, yolk sac, fetal pole, and some "cardiac actvity." It couldn't have gone any better. No source found for the spotting, but I am definitely reassured. It was so wonderful to see that little flicker on the screen!

My next ultrasound is in about three weeks. Hopefully the heart rate will be measurable by then.

lilysmommymindy

Postby lilysmommymindy » Sun May 30, 638923 11:17 am

OMG! Good luck, mama! Let us know how it goes as soon as you can!!! Sending positive energy north towards you!

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Sun May 30, 638923 5:37 am

Keeping everything crossed for you! I had lots of bleeding with my first pregnancy and I spotted for every day for 8 weeks with my 2nd (week 5-13). It's scary, but can be very normal.

hols537

Postby hols537 » Sun May 30, 638923 4:21 am

I spotted early in both my pregnancies (right around the time you're at). And, I was always told that brown was OK and bright red was a potential worry sign. Good luck!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”