Pain?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
onfaith

Re : Pain?

Postby onfaith » Sat Jan 30, 2010 02:14 pm

Oh my goodness! I know exactly what you mean. It is so painful, fortunately, it has subsided in me right now. But did last for several weeks a few weeks ago. Hoping you find relief soon....it is miserable!

~*mandy*~

Postby ~*mandy*~ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Me too1 And unfortuantely its very common if this is your 2nd+ baby. I had a little bit of this feeling at the very end with my daughter after she dropped but this whole pregnancy since about 25ish weeks It feels like someone is ripping apart my legs or like I was riding a horse all day long. I am worried one of these days I'm not going to beable to get out of bed becuase it HURTS. My OB even commented today about him being really down there. She didn't check me for dilation or anything though.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Fri Jan 29, 2010 08:46 pm

Oh, my gosh! Me, me, me! I didn't have that problem with my first, but I did in my second pregnancy. It literally felt like someone had beaten me with a sledge hammer in a most unfortunate place. Like others have said, if my legs were together and I was completely still, it was fine. It's not here anymore ;) if that helps. I'm sorry you're in pain; I tried lying with a heating pad on low between my legs which helped a *tiny* bit.

I'd definitely call about the blood, though. I didn't have that with it.

brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 06:00 pm

Yes, they told me to take regular strength tylenol if it is unbearable. I didnt take any medication for this yet because i hate pills so i try to keep my legs together whenever i am changing positions but it hurts really bad if i forget to keep my legs together. The pain will go away after delivery.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Fri Jan 29, 2010 05:54 pm

Thanks for the name to google! I did call the doctors when the blood happened - they said not to worry since I was not having any pain and baby was active - just to come in if ANYTHING changed. Since this is something, I think I will have to go in - but I am convinced it is nothing!

Did they give you any info on what to do for the pain? I am popping extra strength tylenol but it is doing nothing. Grrr

brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 05:48 pm

lol...i am sorry, i dont at all mean to laugh at you but funny thing is i had same question few weeks ago. It is completely normal as per my OB and MFM and i am still experiencing it even when i take turns while sleeping. It is called "Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction". You can google it and find some information...

I was so so embarassed to ask my doctor because he is a male...anyways, he laughed at me the way i described it to him.

But I dont know what to say about you seeing drop of blood :-( You should definitely ask your doctor about bleeding.

Take care and try to keep your legs together when walking, changing positions or even getting into car.

love_the_daschies

Pain?

Postby love_the_daschies » Fri Jan 29, 2010 05:37 pm

Hey everyone,

I need some advice. For 2 days now I have had EXCRUCIATING groin pain. It really feels like someone took both of my legs and pushed them as wide open as they could go and popped them out of the socket.

Today has been really bad, but I had to go get paperwork filled out for work leave and was out about an hour. Once I got home the area just hurt so bad .

If I am sitting still - no pain. The minute I need to move my legs it comes on full force to the point I limp and hobble and cry.

I have a dr.'s appt Monday and am not too worried since it is my leg/groin area that is sore - not my belly in any way. My family is bugging me to call the on-call doc to get it checked out since they are nervous about the amount of pain - but I think it is kind of unnecessary since it is just my legs.

Anyone have any experience with this? I just don;t want to have to go in - which I am pretty sure they will make me since I had a small drop of blood 2 days ago :sigh: I'm waiting until at least the rush hour traffic is done before I call!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”