Late January Roll Call

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
~*mandy*~

Re : Late January Roll Call

Postby ~*mandy*~ » Wed Jan 20, 2010 05:22 am

How far along are you now? 33 weeks!

How's it going BP and other health wise? My pre-preg BP is around 85/60 and the last couple appts its been running 115/75 so not too bad just keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse or stays the same. Kind of a waiting game I guess. Ugh!

Anxiety level? Moderate. It was a little bit higher the last week or two but I'm trying to enjoy the last weeks of my pregnancy and I really like the dr I've had my last 2 appointments with so everything seems to be going well as far as that is concerned.

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Still modified bed rest. I can get up and move around or go to the store but I'm supposed to be resting as much as possible. Espeically when I start to get dizzy or whatever.

Cravings? Cereal & sweets. I could eat candy and junk food all day. W/ my daughter all I wanted was meat! LOL

Do you have any pets? No but I would like to get a doggie or a kitten soon. Maybe start of with a kitty and go from there after the baby comes.

Favorite TV show? Biggest loser, greys anatomy, I like desperate housewifes too but I don't watch it regularly and then get very lost! LOL

char_

Postby char_ » Tue Jan 19, 2010 08:45 pm

How far along are you now? 27 weeks 3 days!

How's it going BP and other health wise? So far so good. BP is normal for me and the most i've dipped is trace proteins. This time last pregnancy I was already in the hospital with elevated BP and dipping +3.

Anxiety level? Moderate

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Free range

Cravings? Anything sweet

Do you have any pets? 2 dogs and a cat

julieb

Postby julieb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 08:21 pm

How far along are you now?

How's it going BP and other health wise?
So far so good..BP has been pretty good and my last ultrasound looked good, I go back in a week for growth and dopplers.
Anxiety level?
Pretty high. I was already having high BP and was on bedrest with DS so I am a nervous wreck and I almost cry with relief every time I take my BP and it is okay. Who know what will happen if things start to go wrong!
Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest?
Free Range, for now but when DS naps I make sure to rest as much as possible and DH has taken over some of the cleaning.
Cravings?
Strawberry Milkshakes and fountain Root Beer.
Do you have any pets?
Nope
Favorite TV show?
I like a lot of shows and pretty much anything on TLC or Discovery Health.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Tue Jan 19, 2010 06:28 pm

Oh - I am watching Desperate Housewives on re-run and definitely getting addicted! The hubby teases me since I used to be so gung-ho on working and always on-call and now the most complex task I do is set-up my DVR recordings for the week!! I have been advised to get Netflix so I can watch Heroes too!

coffee_bean

Postby coffee_bean » Tue Jan 19, 2010 06:20 pm

27w2d

Since last week, my bp has started hovering pretty close to 130/90, after being at or below 120/80 for the entire pregnancy. As of last Monday, no protein in urine, no IUGR (little man was actually measuring in the 90th percentile for size at 26w, 2lb and 3oz.)

Anxiety level?
Getting higher, since my BP is staying pretty high. Hopefully my Dr. can reassure me at my appointment next Monday.

Free range (for now at least).

Cravings?
Orange pop.

Do you have any pets?
A yorkie named Riley.

Favorite TV show?
Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice.

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 06:01 pm

How far along are you now? 18 weeks

How's it going BP and other health wise? OK, I think!

Anxiety level? Mostly good... better than I expected

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Still free range!

Cravings? Chocolate. Fresh mozzarella sandwiches w/ tomato. More chocolate. The first few weeks I had this thing for brussel sprouts, now I can't stand the sight of them....

Do you have any pets? Nope, allergies.

Favorite TV show? Any preschool show on PBS that gives me a break while I let DS have a little TV time :)

rosalinda

Postby rosalinda » Tue Jan 19, 2010 03:03 pm

Today I am 16wks, 3days

My BP is holding steady, this morning it was 100/66

Anxiety level?
It goes up the closer I get to 20wks, but I try not to think about
it--one day at a time is my new mantra.

I'm a free range girl, but mostly just sit on the couch & watch
movies.

Cravings?
I crave ice-cold Cokes all the time, but for now only allow myself
one soda a week

Do you have any pets?
No pets

Favorite TV show?
Currently watching "Heroes"

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Tue Jan 19, 2010 02:46 pm

How far along are you now? 26 weeks + 4 days

How's it going BP and other health wise? BP is good, protein seems to be holding steady hanging just below 300mg, gestational diabetes takes up so much of my time now (between eating every 3 hours, blood glucose checks and night-time insulin as well as all the other message boards and research I am doing- ugh)

Anxiety level? I am going to go with moderate. I know PE can strike anytime so I am not letting my guard down but I am happy with things right now. I am moderately worried to very worried about how big baby boy is going to be. He was 1lb 14 ounces at 24 weeks + 3days. I have a u/s tomorrow to see where he is at now. My blood sugars are being well controlled so I hope his growth is leveling out.

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Modified bed rest - I keep trying to get freed but then something else comes up - now I am just getting comfy :)

Cravings? lots since I can't have most of them. What I love that I can have is multigrain waffles (2) , with 1/2 cup strawberries and whip cream . Yummy and great for my blood sugar.

Do you have any pets? 2 awesome dachshunds. Grant is a red piebald who is 2.5 years old (standard size) and Belle is a 1.5 year old black with a few tan spots mini - they are awesome!

Favorite TV show? My guilty pleasure is One Tree Hill, Grey's Anatomy and Deliver Me.

love_the_daschies

Late January Roll Call

Postby love_the_daschies » Tue Jan 19, 2010 02:37 pm

Wow- I can't believe how far along some of us on these boards are now! I remember all of our pregnancy announcements and they seemed so recent. I hope the time is going by quickly (but not too quick - we need a balance :p) for all of you as well.

Here we go:

Anxiety level?

Cravings?

Do you have any pets?

Favorite TV show?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”