Late January Roll Call

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amaara

Re : Late January Roll Call

Postby amaara » Sat Jan 30, 2010 00:21 am

How far along are you now? 23 weeks today! Yay!

How's it going BP and other health wise? My BP last appt. was 128/78, which is 10 points higher for me (both systolic and diastolic) than usual, but I had just found out that one of my favorite nurses was in a horrendous car wreck and in ICU. I was on the verge of an anxiety attack anyway, so...

O have gained 2 pounds or so and my swelling is no more than it usually is pre-pregnancy. I feel great! I am now on 2 kinds of insulin for BG control, but my fasting #s are good (post-prandials are not as good).

Anxiety level? Still fairly low

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Free range

Cravings? I crave saltines. Strange, huh?

Do you have any pets? I have a cat who follows me from room to room and like to wallow in my underwear now that I am pregnant. It must be those PG hormones!

Favorite TV show? Hmmmmmmm... I am watching Season Two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu right now, which I am enjoying. I hear it goes to he!! in the next seasons, however, which makes me sad...

jennycjenkins

Postby jennycjenkins » Mon Jan 25, 2010 08:31 am

How far along are you now? Almost 22 weeks

How's it going BP and other health wise? Staying around 125/65 so far, with just a couple fluctuations. My bicornuate uterus is my other "issue" the docs have to continue to watch, to make sure the baby has enough room.

Anxiety level? I'm a worrier, so I'm used to anxiety. :)

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Free Range

Cravings? Mexican food

Do you have any pets? 1 crazy dog

Favorite TV show? Ace of Cakes or Parks and Recreation

nikita22

Postby nikita22 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 04:29 pm

How far along are you now? 16 Weeks

How's it going BP and other health wise? Since given Labetolol with Procardia 3 weeks back, things are pretty good.

Anxiety level? so far so good

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? free range

Cravings? FOOD!

Do you have any pets? 1 dog, 4 cats all outside..

Favorite TV show? I love America's next top model..especially when I'm pigging out in front of the tv while watching those skinny girls ;0)

myangel

Postby myangel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:30 pm

How far along are you now? I am 32 weeks now...

How's it going BP and other health wise? Well so far my bp is okay, it's holding at 120/80 which is a little high for me. They just discovered cysts on my babies ovaries and slightly elevated amniotic fluid so I am trying to figure out if any of that is related to pre-e, because some of the research I read suggests it might??????

Anxiety level? Moderate right now. I am close to the week where my son was born.

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? I am free range right now, but have been told this is my last week working.

Cravings? Mmmmm...chocolate milk definately, can't get enough of that good stuff.

Do you have any pets? Dog named Sydney

Favorite TV show? Don't get much time for t.v right now but I'm sure I'll find one later next week.

m

Postby m » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:01 pm

How far along are you now?
28 weeks

How's it going BP and other health wise?
BP is good so far. I have the prothrombin gene mutation and am on 40 mg Lovenox daily. Belly is covered in marks and bruises!

Anxiety level?
After 3 good ultrasounds over the last two months and reaching 28 weeks with no signs of trouble, anxiety level is down to moderate.

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest?
Free Range, but I am not working so I mostly take it easy.

Cravings?
Pretty much anything edible at this point.

Do you have any pets?
2 dogs, 3 cats, 12 chickens, 2 mules, 3 horses

Favorite TV show?
Chuck, Community, The Office & Better Off Ted

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 09:18 pm

How far along are you now? 18 weeks 0 days

How's it going BP and other health wise? BP looks really good so far! I actually cut my morning dose in half a few weeks ago. However, my thyroid is acting up, so I had to increase my synthroid. I have to wait 6 weeks to recheck TSH; hopefully it will be back within normal limits by then.

Anxiety level? moderate...I started feeling my little boy move, but it is sporadic and not every day. This is scary because it is too early for me to know if he has stopped moving, or if I'm just not feeling him because he is so small.

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Free range, but like Rosalinda, I spend my days on the couch watching TV. ;)

Cravings? potato soup

Do you have any pets? My cat, Bailey.

Favorite TV show? Grey's, Two & Half Men, How I met your mother.

beetkvass

Postby beetkvass » Wed Jan 20, 2010 08:49 pm

How far along are you now? 16 weeks

How's it going BP and other health wise? Crap! It had been good but my BP is 155/104 tonight. It doesnt' go very low on my side even. I hope the meds kick in fast.

Anxiety level? Tonight? Really bad. Otherwise I am moderaet. Some days are better than others. I just end up sobbing tonight over my BP.

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? No restrictions though I am staying in bed tonight on my side to keep it down for my own peace of mind.

Cravings? None

Do you have any pets? 2 cats, 1 duck and a couple dozen hens and roosters of various breeds who are giving me about a dozen brown and blue eggs a day.

Favorite TV show? The Office, Big Love

kellyann92672

Postby kellyann92672 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 06:31 pm

How far along are you now? 24 weeks 4 days

How's it going BP and other health wise? So far great! BP's all around 110/70, no swelling, no protein- everything is going smooth so far.

Anxiety level? Moderate- but it is getting higher the closer I get to when I was hospitalized last time (27 weeks)

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Free range

Cravings? Cherry pie and Rocky Road ice cream- but not together!

Do you have any pets? no, just two small children!

Favorite TV show? I mostly watch cartoons with my kids! My guilty pleasure is American Idol though

lauchlan

Postby lauchlan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 am

5 weeks, 1 day (I feel silly posting this so early!)

BP at home is great. I had a slight elevation at the Hematologist last week, but I think it was nerves. Biggest challenge right now is the Lovenox injections, although I think I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Anxiety level? So far, so good. My fears of a miscarriage are getting less & less every day. Once I get past that hurdle, I'm sure the PE anxiety will start up. One day at a time...

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Free Range but taking it easy.

Cravings? Chili/Cheese fries, any kind of cheese, milk

Do you have any pets? My corgi - Toby who has turned into my guard dog since I became pregnant... he knew before I did!

Favorite TV show? Bachelor, American Idol, Biggest Loser, Teen Mom, Law & Order SVU, Glee (I wish it was still on), The Office

shellyf

Postby shellyf » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:52 am

26 weeks

BP is ok so far! I hope it stays that way.

Anxiety level? Starting to get higher as I am getting much closer to when I got sick the last time.

Free Range, Modified Bed Rest or Strict Bed Rest? Free Range and chasing after a 2 year old! :)

Cravings? Mexican food although I try not to eat it too much (salt).

Do you have any pets? not yet

Favorite TV show? Grey's, Private Practice, Two and a Half Men, anything crime/CSI related and I have to admit I did get sucked into the Bachelor (I have to believe that some of that is scripted!)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”