Pregnant again

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
brockner1

Re : Pregnant again

Postby brockner1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:35 am

I entered third trimester a week ago and my BP has started to go bit up (high 120s/high 80s) and being monitored closely for it. Having BPP, MFM appointment and OB appointments on weekly basis. I am also on modified bedrest...I have my fingers crossed and hope you stay well too.

char_

Postby char_ » Sat Jan 09, 2010 06:09 am

I had that appointment and the notching was gone. He gave my a 30% chance of having blood pressure "issues" but only a 5% chance of developing pre-e again.

I've been kind of nervous though. My diastolic pressure has been great for me(75-80's) but my systolic has been creeping up (130-135). These numbers are more reflective of how my BP was before I was pregnant. My MFM doctor said it was normal for it to go up a bit as you head into the third trimester, just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar. At this point last pregnancy I was already dipping +2 with elevated BP.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:39 am

Congratulations on having a little girl in there! I am glad that things are going so well.

I edited out the clinic name from your post - for legal reasons we can't name any clinics, hospitals or doctors here.

Have a wonderful holiday and I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes great!!

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:16 am

Congrats things are looking good - hopefully the notching will be gone at next glance!!!

In my first pregnancy with severe PE I never showed any protein except trace at 18 weeks, then +2 with FMU at 21 weeks. Even when my 24 hour was being done - which came back at 650mg - I was dipping negative or trace.

This pregnancy is at 22 + 5 weeks today. I have been dipping trace since 8 weeks (my first visit!) My 24 hours have been: 206,221,and 210.

So try not to worry about trace- but I would probably ask for a 24 hour urine just to make you feel better giving your history of PE.

Gongrats on your little girl!

char_

Postby char_ » Wed Dec 23, 2009 09:57 am

Just checking in. I'm almost 24 weeks and still no signs of pre-e!! My blood pressure is normal, and my little GIRL is growing right on track. I have started dipping trace proteins which is worrisome but my doctors are trying to reassure me that can be completely normal. Oh well....I suppose I will worry regardless.

I did have an appointment at the *** clinic in BC at 17 weeks. There was some uterine artery "notching" so I go back early January to see if that's gone away. If it has my risk goes way down.

char_

Postby char_ » Tue Oct 27, 2009 09:22 am

I'm having the quad screen done specifically for the "pre-e" test. I didn't want to have that test done so i'm not even going to find out the results of the actual screen.

Since i've started taking my BP at home i've had no issues, so I hope it stays that way :)

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sun Oct 25, 2009 07:42 am

Wishing you well in this pregnancy - lots of smooth sailing and overall stable bp! Since you're 15 weeks, I anticipate you'll have the Triple or Quad Screen. That's a test that is usually used for early fetal genetic diagnosis, however, with subsequent pregnancies after PE, docs might order that test as it can tell about the functioning of the placenta in the pregnancy - and the thinking is that PE is a placenta issue. After I had my quad screen at around 16-18 weeks, and it came back normal, my doc lowered my early PE risks to almost none. She said, "Could still get it at 35 weeks" but 35 weeks is a lot different than my 20-something week PE in my first pregnancy! Perhaps ask if that's not already on your schedule of bloodwork. It was helpful for me to know either way. All my best to you and baby!

jmom08

Postby jmom08 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 02:46 pm

(((hugs))) I've heard of others who say they've had BP spikes just seeing the doctor. Fingers crossed for you, and I'm glad you are being closely monitored!

char_

Postby char_ » Sat Oct 24, 2009 01:42 pm

I think I jinxed myself when I posted my first message. I had my first high-risk OB appointment that day and it didn't go well. I was nervous which I think made my BP really high (154/100).....so weekly appointments, monthly u/s, and biweekly bloodwork from this point on. He kinda threw my VBAC dream out the window but I don't really care now.....all I want is a healthy baby.

Since then, he's having me monitor my BP at home and it's been normal (systolics been a bit high) so I hope that spike at the OB's was just an anomaly.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Fri Oct 23, 2009 04:02 pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope you have a remarkably smooth and "normal" pregnancy!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”