Stressed that this is beginning of pree again?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hannahsmom

Re : Stressed that this is beginning of pree again?

Postby hannahsmom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 02:21 pm

My BP shot up at 25 weeks and I had protein in my urine, and my bp got even higher at 26 and 27 weeks, but now that I am 28 weeks we finally have it under control with lots of meds. You might want to keep a bp journal of daily readings to show your doctor at your next visit.

Good luck!

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Re : Stressed that this is beginning of pree again?

Postby sheri-ct » Wed Sep 23, 2009 01:56 pm

I hope it's just a fluke reading. My bp was pretty low most of my pregnancy (until 37 weeks and then it went crazy!), but I did have a few "episodes" in the earlier weeks that only lasted a few days. When do you go back again?

jhfleet

Stressed that this is beginning of pree again?

Postby jhfleet » Wed Sep 23, 2009 01:35 pm

I am so upset and stressed. I just had a checkup at 25 weeks and my blood pressure was up from my last visit at 23 weeks. Today it was 124 over 84. I know that this is not technically out of the "ok" range, but it is on the high end and is higher than my last visit when it was about 115 over 75. There was no protein showing up in the urine yet and actually as far as swelling, things look pretty good as well. But my weight gain was way to much for only 2 weeks. i think I gained almost 7 pounds- could this be edema that is just not very noticable yet? Last pregnancy at 26 weeks, my blood pressure was about what it is today, but I do remember that I had really bad noticable swelling.
We did do an ulatraound as well and fluid level was ok and baby was measuring above average for size- apparently they estimate he is almost 2 pounds already and everything else looked good on the baby.
So I guess I should focus on the positive-I am just very stressed that this is the beginning and I am really scared I am going to have to go through this again and I am at work almost in tears.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”