It's PIH.........NOT pre-e!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : It's PIH.........NOT pre-e!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby amanda » Fri Dec 23, 638625 1:15 pm

I know we keep saying this but keep an eye on yourself - I'll feel better when your (and the other pending ladies) baby(ies) have arrived, safe and sound!!!

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Fri Dec 23, 638625 10:49 am

quote:Originally posted by Amanda

Hey Sheri - I can't wait to see that Friday is here for you!

This is scary isn't it? My urine creatinine level was pretty high (175), but the NP did not know what that meant.

And she didn't even go and check with the doctor?

I thought about that later. I was so happy to see that my protein was normal that I didn't insist on an answer. I am going ask my OB on Friday (unless I need to call before then). My bp is 140/94 today.......still high, but MUCH better than the 105 I was getting.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Fri Dec 23, 638625 7:22 am

Hey Sheri - I can't wait to see that Friday is here for you!

This is scary isn't it? My urine creatinine level was pretty high (175), but the NP did not know what that meant.

And she didn't even go and check with the doctor?

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Mon Dec 12, 638625 8:47 pm

quote:Originally posted by kbunsey

So glad that your 24-hour was good! Weird that the #s came down. My serum creatinine tends to be a tad higher too - within the normal range but at the upper end of normal, especially for an otherwise healthy 31-year old woman. Like Kara, perhaps I have a little damage too. 175 is a strange # to me. I thought total creatinine for 24hours was more like 500+mg/day. Do you have a copy of the lab report?

Either way - the docs would let you know if they were concerned and as long as baby is passing NSTs and doing well - that's excellent! Monday just about down - almost to Friday!!!!!

The lab report says the high end is 125. I checked my report from when I had pre-e and it was also high then (not as high as right now). I hope it's just from pregnancy.

neslo

Postby neslo » Mon Dec 12, 638625 6:55 pm

That is really great news! I am looking forward to seeing new baby pictures soon!

deacondog19

Postby deacondog19 » Mon Dec 12, 638625 6:27 pm

Sheri- So happy to hear your good news !! And just think you will have your little bundle in your arms this week !!! Amazing ! My thoughts will be with you and your little one for your c section, hope all goes well... I have mine scheduled for next Wednesday ! Can't wait to hear your birth story... GOOD LUCK !!

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Mon Dec 12, 638625 12:40 pm

So glad that your 24-hour was good! Weird that the #s came down. My serum creatinine tends to be a tad higher too - within the normal range but at the upper end of normal, especially for an otherwise healthy 31-year old woman. Like Kara, perhaps I have a little damage too. 175 is a strange # to me. I thought total creatinine for 24hours was more like 500+mg/day. Do you have a copy of the lab report?

Either way - the docs would let you know if they were concerned and as long as baby is passing NSTs and doing well - that's excellent! Monday just about down - almost to Friday!!!!!

brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Mon Dec 12, 638625 8:01 am

Take care of yourself! I am looking forward to see pictures of your healthy baby!!!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Mon Dec 12, 638625 7:45 am

Take care of yourself between now and Friday, good luck.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Mon Dec 12, 638625 7:10 am

I wonder if the lab was off on one of your 24 hour urine collections. Have you had any other 24 hours between your baseline and this one? I can't imagine your protein levels going down by the end of pregnancy. But who knows. Creatinine clearance can be high just because of pregnancy, and if you are like me (and your baseline 24 hour was high), you might "hyperfilter". My creatinine clearance is high outsid of pregnancy because of very mild kidney damage. The concern would be if the creatinine clearance is low. Low means the kidney's aren't working efficiently.

Maybe you could repeat the 24 hour just for peace of mind between now and Friday. Or at least make sure you go in if anything changes.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”