36 weeks 6 days- lost mucous plug

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hannahsmom

Re : 36 weeks 6 days- lost mucous plug

Postby hannahsmom » Thu Dec 01, 638625 6:00 pm

Hi, Megan -

I know some women are able to go into labor after a previous c-section, but I can't because I had a classical c-section with my first. I was cut both ways, like a cross, to get the baby out, so in this pregnancy if I go into labor there is a chance that my uterus could rupture due to this type of scar. Yours is probably a different situation, and since your doctor wasn't worried, then that is good. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

deacondog19

Postby deacondog19 » Thu Dec 01, 638625 12:57 pm

I called my doctor Friday a.m. because I am also having contractions on and off and wanted to let him know about the plug. He only seemed to be worried about the baby's movement which I told the nurse was fine and he said ok we'll check ya on Monday wich is when I have an us and NST. I wouldn't think that he would want my water to break and go through all that so Im hoping they move up my date ! Do you know why your doctor doesn't want you to go into labor ?

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Wed Nov 30, 638625 11:32 pm

Aren't you having a c-section? Have you notified your doctor? I had a classical c-section with my first and was told that I cannot go into labor with this one. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!

surefoott

Postby surefoott » Wed Nov 30, 638625 9:12 am

For my daughter it was a short 2 days; but I was immediate for 2 of my kids! Good luck! In any case, you are DEFINITELY very close!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Mon Nov 07, 638625 9:52 pm

I lost mine the morning that I went into labor - but I believe that I have read that it can take days/weeks from losing it to going into labor. I hope that it goes quickly for you!!!

deacondog19

36 weeks 6 days- lost mucous plug

Postby deacondog19 » Mon Nov 07, 638625 1:34 pm

So I know this is probably to much info to share but here goes. Last night I lost my lovely little thing called the mucous plug.(What an experience I must say). So my question is, have any of you girls lost this prior to labor and how long did it take you to actually go into active labor after losing it ? I am so impatient !! Thanks !!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”