23 week update- measuring big

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
brooklynsmom

Re : 23 week update- measuring big

Postby brooklynsmom » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:36 am

I did measure early at 23 weeks, and then failed my 3 hour glucose test, which meant I had gestational diabetes at 27 weeks....I did end up on insulin at 28 or 29 weeks, but seriously, it wasn't that bad, at all! And I went full term without ANY bp issues...and I currently pregnant w/ number 3 and hoping for either a repeat or better than last pregnancy!

Good luck, just giving you my experience!

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Mon Sep 14, 2009 09:47 pm

Congrats on the good pressures :)

deacondog19

Postby deacondog19 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 08:43 pm

Im currently 36 weeks and have been measuring 3-6 weeks ahead since I was 23 weeks. I've had numerous ultrasounds to check fluid and all that and everything has came back that I just have a very large baby ! Needless to say I have a scheduled c section 9/30 and my belly is measuring 49 (cm) weeks and I still have 2 more weeks to go !! I hope that your sitution is the same as mine, hopefully your just going to have a BIG healthy baby !!

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon Sep 14, 2009 04:56 pm

Glad things are looking so good so far!! I measured 3-4 weeks ahead in both of my 1st 2 pregnancies. The first was extra fluid but that's all it was (no real reason why). The 2nd was just baby's position. Once they were head down & had "dropped" then I didn't measure big anymore but that was pretty close to term.

jhfleet

23 week update- measuring big

Postby jhfleet » Mon Sep 14, 2009 04:09 pm

Hi all- went to the doc last week (23 weeks). Blood pressure was 116/76 and there was no protein showing on the dip stick. Still no signs of swelling in hands or face, weight gain still appropriate. So everythign is still looking good. I am going to go back in two weeks, instead of four as this is when the problems started happening last time.
The only thing that was a little off was my measurements. I was measuring 27 weeks and I was only 23. The doc did not seem too concerned and said it could just be a flukey thing- like the baby's butt was pressing out. And I know my dates are not off b/c we have early ultrasounds and HCG readings. But I think we will do an ultrasound in 2 weeks anyway just in case. My mom (an obgyn doc) said that it could be a fluke thing or it could indicate something like extra fluid - which may be an indicator of other things such as diabetes. Anyone else measure further along- and what did it turn out to be?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”