Does anyone take fish oil?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
adgirl

Re : Does anyone take fish oil?

Postby adgirl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 05:29 pm

I took a DHA supplement with my last pregnancy and still do while nursing. I will probably continue taking it after I finish nursing b/c of the health benefits for me.

I was encouraged to take Expecta (don't know if I'm allowed to list a brand name, so moderators ** me out if you need too!)- it does not include fish oils, but does include DHA.

It is not cheap, but I think it's worth it.

milesymommy

Postby milesymommy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 07:32 pm

My doctor told me to stop all supplements when I got pregnant, including the fish oil. So I quit taking it, but I drink soy milk with omega3s, and the peanut butter and mayo I use have omega3s, which is what the fish oil is for.

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Mon Aug 31, 2009 06:41 pm

I took it with my last pregnancy well as much as I could. I had a hard time getting it down with how big it was and with the smell of it. It was Dr recommended and Ive heard wonderful things about it.

cheleandcallidora

Postby cheleandcallidora » Mon Aug 31, 2009 06:17 pm

I have been taking fish oil this whole pregnancy and I love it! I can think more clearly when I do. Be sure if you do take it that it is third party tested and has no heavy metals or any other bad stuff. It also helps to thin your blood so if you have clotting problems it can be helpful.

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Mon Aug 31, 2009 05:37 pm

Thanks Sonja!!!!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Mon Aug 31, 2009 05:32 pm

Here is a link to a discussion that was on the board awhile back on this very subject...

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewt ... =,fish,oil

take care.

brooklynsmom

Does anyone take fish oil?

Postby brooklynsmom » Mon Aug 31, 2009 04:54 pm

Hi ladies...I have been hearing a lot of hype about the benefits of fish oil during pregnancy...does anyone take this? Was it Dr. recommended? I am hearing that it benefits both mother and baby in brain development, mood, etc. I plan on asking my Dr. about it at my next visit but I was just wondering if anyone else takes it! Thanks!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”