Reaching 31 weeks and getting nervous...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : Reaching 31 weeks and getting nervous...

Postby amanda » Wed Nov 27, 638622 2:20 am

I think it's totally normal to be feeling panicked or flustered - after all it's a difficult experience. I hope you are feeling better today - keep posting - many of us have been in your shoes - sometimes getting validation really DOES help!

preg29

Postby preg29 » Tue Nov 26, 638622 12:03 pm

Don't beat yourself up or hide your feelings. I freaked at the point first DD was born and just let myself freak. it was very therapuetic. Hang in there :)

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sat Nov 16, 638622 4:23 am

GREAT pressure! Keep watching all your other signs. You're doing very well!

ktimer

Postby ktimer » Fri Nov 15, 638622 11:52 am

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate your advice and feedback. It is so hard to find people that understand because I am the only person I know who had any problems with pre-e/HELLP/abruption. I had a little breakdown on the way to work today, but like everyone said, I know I am in the best care I could possibly be in and my blood pressure was 111/68 last time I took it, so I'm hanging in there! Thank you again!!!!

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sat Oct 12, 638622 11:35 am

Having a great MFM as others have said, being aware of how you're feeling and then trying anything and everything to get through the emotional parts of the dates.

With all my dates, I freaked out a bit, cried, became overwhelmed w/ scary thoughts and so I had to say them out loud to someone (often in a post here), get support, breathe trough it and move on. It is just the way it is/was for me with each passing step. And it continues to be this way. Triggers sometimes sneak up on me. Do the best you can and if you start freaking don't judge yourself about it. It is pretty normal to experience a range of fears and thoughts especially when coming up on your dates in this pregnancy - they are a gigantic trigger for memories of what happened in your other pregnancy. Even if you feel like you're falling apart, you're holding it together probably better than you know. Call someone, plan a date with a friend if you feel up to it, come here and chat, try a relaxation activity, or whatever makes you feel good.

You'll get through and be OK! :-)

blznbec

Postby blznbec » Sat Oct 12, 638622 8:15 am

I knew I was in great care the second time around and tried to have a positive attitude, besides I felt pretty good so I was optimistic (but cautious) that I might have a 'normal' pregnancy. Once I reached my son's delivery date (31 weeks, 6 days), it was a huge relief and every day after I was pregnant was a blessing as far as I was concerned. I went to 36 weeks before pre-e reared its ugly head and I delivered my daughter the next day. She was fine and is a healthy one year today!

Good luck.

lilliputianmama

Postby lilliputianmama » Sat Oct 12, 638622 8:10 am

Good care always helps! I always find out I am a bundle of nerves while pregnant waiting to hit major milestones. The first ultrasound to make sure baby has both bones in arm (our very first pregnancy was lost at 24 weeks due to birth defects and that was one of the symptoms), 28 weeks when our first daughter was born, and 33 weeks when our second daughter was born.

We're coming up on 28 weeks next week and I am constantly checking my bp and really really REALLY happy I go and see my MFM next week.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat Oct 12, 638622 6:40 am

Welcome.

I agree with Trish - having a great MFM in your corner is so important and comforting. Also, it really helped me to be really well educated about pre-e (this site is a great place for that), so I would know what was going on and what to be on the lookout for.

Take care.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Oct 11, 638622 9:10 pm

Welcome & congrats!! My 3rd was a happy surprise. :)

My best advice is something you're already doing. Having frequent monitoring from a high risk OB (or Peri or MFM) is the best "defense" against PE. You know what to look for & your Dr's are watching you *much* more carefully/closely this time. If anything starts to look "off" you'll be able to address it better this time. Glad to see pressures are still nice & low. :)

ktimer

Reaching 31 weeks and getting nervous...

Postby ktimer » Fri Oct 11, 638622 4:18 pm

Hi! I have been reading the posts for some time but haven't posted before, but I had severe Pre-e/HELLP/abruption with my first in 2007 which resulted in lenghty hospital stays for both. We are both doing great now and I will hit 31 weeks tomm with my baby girl (a suprise, but a happy one). My high risk OB is very pleased at this pregnancy and I take my blood pressure 3xs a day and it has been low. Heres the thing - I am reaching the point where I delivered and everything went terribly wrong last time and I am starting to freak out. Does anyone have any advice how to keep it together? I would appreciate some friendly advice. :-)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”