Having Baby on Tuesday!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lisacarmel

Re : Having Baby on Tuesday!

Postby lisacarmel » Mon Aug 10, 2009 03:39 am

38 weeks is great! I'm glad your Dr. is taking action. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to reading your update. = )

rachelsmommy

Postby rachelsmommy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 09:37 pm

Good luck on Tuesday! I have my csection on Wednesday!! I can't believe I will be 37 weeks after having a 28 weeker. Congrats to you!!

kotokage

Postby kotokage » Sat Aug 08, 2009 02:05 pm

Wow, your baby is almost here! How great that things have gone so much better this time around.

susheli

Postby susheli » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:58 am

How wonderful everything is going so well for you. Hope you're having a relaxing weekend and all the best for your section on Tuesday. :)

deacondog19

Postby deacondog19 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:26 am

I agree with Suzanne, your story gives me hope also. That's what I love about this place is that you hear stories like yours and feel like, ok I CAN do this ! So happy for you!! I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Aug 07, 2009 08:23 pm

I'm glad to see you'll be having your baby sooner rather than later! Congrats on getting to term & beyond. :)

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Aug 07, 2009 05:58 pm

How exciting! Your story gives me hope since you also had a really early baby like me and you're going full-term. Keep us posted!

milesymommy

Postby milesymommy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 05:10 pm

Congratulations! 38 weeks is wonderful. I hope you have a very uneventful 4 days and a smooth c-section. I'm glad the docs are being proactive.

mlcoltrain

Having Baby on Tuesday!

Postby mlcoltrain » Fri Aug 07, 2009 04:35 pm

I had posted in the ask the experience b/c I was having issues with my BP. I went in for a spot check on Wed and it started out high and of course after laying down it came down. They ordered labs and a 24hr urine and I went back in today for a NST. The NST was good and apparently I had 3 mild contractions during the 20min test. My bloodwork for liver and platelets came back fine, not so lucky on the urine, my 24hr urine came back at 368 for protein. While I am just over the 300 cut off my doc doesn't want to take any chances given the severity of my DD's birth. My BP is on the border when I am sitting up, but always goes way down when I lay down, but doc still doesn't want to take any chances. So she went ahead and rescheduled my c-section, I hit 38wks on Tuesday so that is when we are doing it. This wknd I just need to watch my symptoms and to go into L&D if I am having problems. I'm glad I was able to make it this far with DS, especially after DD being so early. And I'm glad I didn't talk myself out of going back to the doc these past few days b/c of weird BP readings at home. And I'm glad my doc would rather err on the side of caution then having me try to push for another week, I've always stated if it's better for baby to come out, take him out. I don't think it has quite sunk in that in 4days I'm going to have my DS! At least everything is ready for his arrival!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”