Almost 36 weeks hospital appointment (!!)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hannahsmom

Re : Almost 36 weeks hospital appointment (!!)

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Jul 31, 2009 02:42 pm

Great news! We'll be hearing your baby story soon!

neslo

Postby neslo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 01:54 pm

You've made it so far!!! That is great news!!!

kotokage

Postby kotokage » Wed Jul 29, 2009 04:46 pm

Glad you and baby are doing great! It is hard to deal with different ways your treatment is handled, especially when the nurses and doctors are not receptive to questions. Don't you wish they would just directly address different treatment perspectives and why they are doing what they are?
One day at a time and one week at time. Baby Helena will be here before you know it!

milesymommy

Postby milesymommy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 02:43 pm

Congratulations! Soon you'll have her in your arms!

mlcoltrain

Postby mlcoltrain » Wed Jul 29, 2009 01:53 pm

Glad to here you and baby are doing great! Only a little bit longer! Congrats!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:34 am

Sounds great - you've got a term baby - congratulations!!!

lisacarmel

Postby lisacarmel » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 am

Yeah!! Glad to hear that you and baby girl are doing well. Hang in there and best wishes.

susheli

Almost 36 weeks hospital appointment (!!)

Postby susheli » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:36 am

Wow, first of all, I can hardly believe I am 35 weeks 4 days! And counting...

Just came back from my latest hospital appointment - I am pretty much stable as I've been for weeks now, and even though I have the same niggles/worries about my treatment here vs what I knew in my first pregnancy, I'm happy and grateful. I seem to truly be a creeper again: in my first pregnancy PIH/PE problems started at 23 weeks and I made it to 34, this time it started around 28/29 so... wow, gievn how it's going, it looks like I'll make it to term and beyond after all...

The details: Baby Helena is doing well! Good fluids, placenta level 1-2, which they said wasn't a problem.
My bps were 158/97 lying taken on one hospital machine upon arrival. I'd taken my own machine too to make sure I'm getting the same results at home - and I am. Identical. So then they switched me to a different bed for the NST and to measure my bps lying on my left side for 45 minutes. I noticed that the cuff they use on this machine is much larger than the one on my home machine and the check-in machine. My arm is quite slim, so I really "swim" in the larger cuff even though when the cuff blows up it does feel tight. Anyway, left lying over almost an hour my bps went way down again - so they were happy. I retook on my own machine and this time the reading was higher on my machine by 10 points (92 diastolic instead of 82 on their machine... which I didn't like, but they said was only 10 points so an acceptable difference on one reading). I did also ask about the difference in cuff size and readings, but they said it only matter if you're too big for a small cuff - not the other way round. Then I could tell they were really sick of my questions, so I decided to deep breathe and trust them - no other choice really.

Proteins were "a bit over 300mg", which they said was "fine considering". I couldn't get an exact number from the nurse, which I hate, but I'm very happy they've basically not gone up much since diagnosis.

The waiting and not-knowing when and whether I'll get worse remains tough, but overall I'm grateful and feeling positive.

Thanks for listening!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”