Seriously....protein, already???

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
amiejo

Re : Seriously....protein, already???

Postby amiejo » Wed Mar 03, 638619 8:46 am

I had trace protien early on in both my second and third pregnancies. My MFM wasn't too concerned about only a trace reading since I was being followed so closely each week and because he said in his experience most of the women he had seen with early onset PE and/or HELLP tended to have early protien spills. Mine never changed from trace until the very end when PE was full blown.

Hope the test results come back A-OK!

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Re : Seriously....protein, already???

Postby sheri-ct » Wed Mar 03, 638619 4:05 am

Sorry you have this to worry about. I have had a trace since 9 weeks and was told that it was normal and not to worry. Hope the urine comes back with a good result.

hannahsmom

Seriously....protein, already???

Postby hannahsmom » Wed Mar 03, 638619 3:13 am

So my MFM appointment last Friday went well. I had my weekly appointment with my regular OB today. Heartbeat was good and I got to have an ultrasound since I was concerned after my 95 pound dog plopped on my stomach Friday night. Everything looks good with baby. But my urine showed trace protein. At the MFM there was no protein, which he said was a good thing, considering that I was having head aches, high bp readings, and swelling in my ankels on Friday. Well today topped it off with the protein. My ob said not to worry, since I am not far enough along for PE. According to my first ultrasound, I am 17 weeks. According to my LMP, I am 18 weeks. I am going by my LMP, but she is going by my first ultrasound. Regardless, I am hopefully not far along enough for PE. From what I have read, it can start at 20 weeks. My OB sent my urine off to the lab, so we will see what she finds out. I asked her to take me out of work at 20 weeks and she said she would. I know nothing will stop the monster, but if we can slow it down, then that will help.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”