Fetal Doppler

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
dolphinjen

Re : Fetal Doppler

Postby dolphinjen » Mon Jun 29, 2009 09:20 am

I used mine a lot too, I don't think here are any dangers in using it.

amandamm

Postby amandamm » Mon Jun 29, 2009 08:55 am

Ditto everyone else... I think it is approved for frequent use, so I wouldn't worry. I have been using mine about every other day since 10 weeks, and I am now 15.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:25 pm

Used mine SEVERAL times a day for months. Cate was not a mover and shaker.

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Sun Jun 28, 2009 06:53 pm

I used mine everyday until I could feel the baby (22 weeks or so). With my twins I felt very little movement and used it everyday until delivery. I told my OB I had one and she didn't seem concerned......just warned me about not freaking out if I had trouble finding the h/b early on.

sheri

sj

Fetal Doppler

Postby sj » Sun Jun 28, 2009 06:14 pm

How often is it safe to use the fetal doppler to hear the heartbeat? I am currently 16 weeks and don't feel pregnant at all. Also my belly is very small. With my first pregnancy I could feel 'the uterus' stretching (I know every pregnancy is different and I should thank my stars but I would feel more comfortable if I felt something). I also know it is too earlt to feel the baby move. As a result I feel like checking the heartbeat almost everyday. I guess I am addicted to it now but I don't want to use it if it is harmful to the baby. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”