Omigod!! (Update June 24 :)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Omigod!! (Update June 24 :)

Postby Guest » Thu May 30, 638616 5:01 am

Hi Ladies,

I JUST started trying to conceive baby #2. I already have my darling Megan Audrey who is just over 1 year and was donor conceived. Well, just over 2 weeks ago I did an IUI with the same donor and yesterday the Fertility clinic called to tell me that I am preggers!!! I am shocked beyond belief that it happened this quickly.

However, I am scared. I go in tomorrow morning (strangely enough it happens to be Father's day :-)for a blood test to confirm and to check my hcg.

I guess I just need a lot of "Rah, rah, rah you can do this girl!" and a lot of prayers and good wishes right now. Oddly, I am NOT worried about PE but I am slightly worried about the pregnancy in general and I am concerned about raising 2 little ones on my own. Mind you, I am not exactly on my "own". I am the youngest of 4, both parents are still alive and I have 7 nieces and nephews. Also, mom comes to visit and help out at least once per month. Come to think of it, I probably get more help than some married ladies. lol. :-) But still. The day to day reality of having two babies less than 2 years apart will definitely challenge me.

So, please reassure me and feel free to suggest books, websites, hallucinatory drugs, mental hospitals, etc. :-) Just joking about the books and websites. lol. ;-)

Thanks and I will keep you posted. NOONE in my real life knows my news yet. Any suggestions on when I should tell them? I am thinking around 16 weeks or so. Or maybe 12.

* Update *

Went in this morning to draw blood and sure enough my hcg levels had doubled. Wahoo! I will keep you guys posted. Trying not to get too excited until I at least see a heartbeat. Doesn't seem *real* until I can see a heartbeat. Here is hoping for ONE heartbeat!!

* Updated again - June 24

Went in this morning again for another blood draw and sure enough my levels are climbing.....starting to get a bit excited but trying not to until I see the actual heartbeat. ;-)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”