Headache

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
neslo

Re : Headache

Postby neslo » Wed Apr 24, 638616 10:15 pm

Sorry! Thanks for all the great responses and info too!!!

neslo

Postby neslo » Wed Apr 24, 638616 10:13 pm

I am feeling better the last few days. I have tried drinking more water and adding a little bit of caffine in my day. That really does seem to help. I didn't want to call the Dr. if it really was nothing. But I am going to mention it next time I go in. If I can take something stronger I'm going to ask for a RX.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Wed Apr 24, 638616 4:57 pm

Hey Donna-
I've been thinking about you too and hoping things are okay. Did you get a chance to talk to the doctor? How's the noggin?

saving_grace

Postby saving_grace » Mon Apr 01, 638616 11:50 pm

Are you drinking enough water? I get headaches when I haven't had enough water. Our pregnant bodies demand more water and if its been hot where you live, that could make it worse. I've been having a few mild headaches lately too. I chalk it up to the heat and not getting enough fluid. I occasionally take Advil because I've read its safe until 3rd trimester.

mother bear

Postby mother bear » Mon Apr 01, 638616 7:04 pm

I've got a neighbor who has regular migraines and prescription meds for those migraines, that, unfortunately, she can't take while pregnant. Eventually, a nurse told her to drink double tall lattes for her migraines, because that is what worked. But, you should talk to a doc before taking any drugs, including megadoses of caffeine. If you're miserable, call and ask. That's what you pay them for.

julie f

Postby julie f » Mon Apr 01, 638616 6:35 pm

Donna,

Have you spoke with your doc about it? They may be able to give you something a little stronger that tylenol to help. Also, with your history, a good idea to let them know.

mkvh

Postby mkvh » Mon Apr 01, 638616 5:50 pm

I had HORRIBLE migraines throughout the first and most of the 2nd tri with my first pregnancy. They lasted for days, and I threw up and could do nothing but lie around. I ended up getting Tylenol with coediene and then when that quit working a presrciption migraine medication. Ask your OB what meds might be safe.

You're probably at the point where blood volume begins to change, and I think that coupled with hormones really did a number on me

And congratulations! I hope you have a long, uneventful pregnancy.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon Apr 01, 638616 3:15 pm

"The" PE headache doesn't have to do with BP - it is because of brain swelling. And since you are not close to 20 weeks yet, PE symptoms probably wouldn't be starting this early anyway.

Tylenol wouldn't help if it was "the" headache so it's probably just a regular old headache for whatever reason. Even just all the hormones of pregnancy can cause headaches. But, if Tylenol doesn't help or you notice any other symptoms though, be sure to call your OB. (((HUGS)))

neslo

Headache

Postby neslo » Mon Apr 01, 638616 2:50 pm

I have been having major headache issues for the past week. I know (or at least I think) it can't BP related. I've been taking my BP everyday and it has been pretty average for me - 115/75 this morning. I do get migranes - but this headache feels different.

I've been taking tylenol. It helps the headache - but doesn't make it go away and as soon as it's out of my system the headache is back.

I do get migranes - but this headache feels different

Is it just pregnancy or should I be concerned that something esle is going on? I don't have another MFM appointment for two weeks.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”