Oh no ... 24 h results

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lola1971

Re : Oh no ... 24 h results

Postby lola1971 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:03 pm

hang in there! you are almost there. you will be in my thoughts!

dolphinjen

Postby dolphinjen » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Thinking of you. The results were not too much higher than the diagnosic criteria, that seems like it would be a good thing? I am looking forward to reading your update. Take care of yourself.

rachelsmommy

Postby rachelsmommy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:04 am

I'm thinking of you and look forward to an update. I just want to tell you that I had my daughter at 28 weeks (and 5 days)due to sudden severe pre-e. She is now a healthy 3 and a half year old. Well, she will be 4 in September. The best thing you can do is stay on top of your symptoms and don't be afraid to go in to the doctor's office or hospital. By the time they found out I had pre-e my daughter was not doing well in my womb and had to come out immediately and they were almost too late. So, please, it's better to be safe than sorry and go in if something doesn't feel right.

threesparkles

Postby threesparkles » Tue Jun 16, 2009 08:04 am

Thinking about you :)

susheli

Postby susheli » Tue Jun 16, 2009 04:40 am

Thank you for all your thoughts and for sharing positive stories - I'm very touched by the support here. I feel less upset and overwhelmed than last evening, and am trying to stay positive, but I don't feel well overall which is scary. I'm watching for symptoms, staying alert to my intuition and am very relieved that I have a hospital appointment tomorrow morning. My DH is coming with me and we hope to discuss our questions and care over the next weeks in detail - I'll update when I can.
Thank you again.

lilliputianmama

Postby lilliputianmama » Mon Jun 15, 2009 08:42 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Mon Jun 15, 2009 08:03 pm

Oh Sush, I know how disappointing that is. I had just under 300mg at the same gestation as you - 29w2d (282mg) and my BPs were already high. I was really scared, but I made it 5 more weeks on bedrest and meds before delivery, and was delivered for uncontrolled BPs. My protein never got higher than 383mg.

Evie didn't have IUGR and only spent 10 days in the NICU. She is breastfeeding happily at the moment. :)

(((hugs)))

mandy1227

Postby mandy1227 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 07:03 pm

I'm new here and in fact this is my first post. I have been lurking for a while and when I read your post today, I wanted to respond. My son, Samuel was born at 29 weeks and 2 days due to severe Pre-eclampsia and HELLP. He did great and even though he was in the NICU for 8 weeks, he is very healthy now. I know what you've been through and how scary it is. It sounds like you maybe at the beginning of pre-eclampsia, but from what I understand they will continue to monitor you until other symptoms manifest. So, let's hope that your little baby can stay in place a little longer. My first 24 hr urine was at 28 weeks and 5 days and was > 900 and he was born three days later. My doc told me if had been just a little over 300, we possibly could have waited. Wishing you the best of luck. I also completely understand that feeling of guilt when your child is in the NICU and you feel like your body is failing, but you are doing the best you can and I'm sure your doctor will monitor you closely.
Mandy

saving_grace

Postby saving_grace » Mon Jun 15, 2009 05:21 pm

(((HUGS))) You've made it this far already and all you need is to make it a few more which is totally possible. Don't beat yourself up with guilt. When I see how happy and healthy my DD is, I don't think about the NICU time she went through. I think about what a happy life she has now and how much joy she has brought to my family.

milesymommy

Postby milesymommy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 03:56 pm

I'm sorry its setting in! Try not to be anxious and relax as much as possible. Sounds like you're being proactively cared for, so just listen to your body and listen to the experts. I'll keep you and baby in my thoughts and prayers!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”