Is this good?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
debbie78

Re : Is this good?

Postby debbie78 » Fri Jan 29, 638613 3:40 pm

Well, I think it's certainly a good sign that you are feeling good and healthy. I know for me, I've passed the point where I started feeling really bad in my last pregnancy and I'm taking it as a good sign. I hope it's the same for you. ;)

susheli

Postby susheli » Mon Jan 18, 638613 2:02 pm

Thank you for your replies. I AM feeling good and healthy, and am very grateful for that. I wasn't feeling well at all at this time during my first pregnancy, not at all.
But I guess from your responses that I was being overly optimistic and hopeful ... I know my baseline isn't great, I was just so glad that my bps aren't rising yet as they were in my first, severe PE pregnancy...

laura

Postby laura » Mon Jan 18, 638613 9:49 am

Sush, that's a hard one! there's such a combination of factors that come to play. It does sound like you're heading towards chronic htn, but what often happens in pregnancy is that the increased blood volume will cause your BP to decrease below your baseline during the second trimester. Please don't be alarmed if they raise up to your baseline when you hit 28 weeks. The other thing-- ya! The fact that you didn't have that decrease during your first pregnancy can be a sign of impending PE, but not always. I hope that you've got a nice low dip means that you're not going to have it again this time! Best of luck!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Mon Jan 18, 638613 9:43 am

I don't know about the bp, Sush.

How are you feeling overall?

susheli

Is this good?

Postby susheli » Sun Jan 17, 638613 11:49 pm

Hi,

I gave birth to my DD in London and now live in France - and it has taken this long for some of my notes from the doctor/hospital in the UK to arrive here.

I've now found out that before my first pregnancy I had bps of 110/70. Almost as soon as I got pregant they started to go up, to 120/80 and then by 21 weeks, 138/88 and by 24 weeks 140s/100s. I had PE by 27 weeks and delivered due to severe PE and IUGR at 34 weeks to the day.

My bps never went down to normal, and I started this pregnancy with pressures of 125-130/85-90 unmedicated. They stayed that way until about 16 weeks, when they came down to 120/80 and have mostly stayed around 120-5/80-85 since. I'm 24 weeks 4 days now.

I never had my previous numbers to compare with, and although I am sad that I'm def trending toward being a chronic, I feel more hopeful than ever before that this pregnancy looks healthier than my first so far. Would you agree, or is the fact that I'm logging borderline pressures throughout worrying in itself and an indicator that PE may be near?

Thanks for reading and for any thoughts!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”