On way to L&D *UPDATE*

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
carjashaner

Re : On way to L&D *UPDATE*

Postby carjashaner » Fri May 08, 2009 03:29 pm

Oh my. I know how you guys feel. I had pneumonia in February and ended up with 2 hospital stays before it finally went away. Take it easy and get plenty of rest. Don't push it. It's so hard to recover from. Take care of the little man and take super good care of yourself!

shierman

Postby shierman » Fri May 08, 2009 12:39 am

I'm glad to hear that they're having you come in, although I'm sure that was the last thing you needed. I will be sure to keep you and your family in prayer!

mikeys mom

Postby mikeys mom » Fri May 08, 2009 12:19 am

Ick! I will be hoping that you are hanging in there!!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Fri May 08, 2009 12:05 am

How awful! I hope you are all feeling better soon and you get a few more weeks of baking!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Fri May 08, 2009 10:32 am

Mandy - I hope you guys are okay and like Sush are glad that they are taking this so seriously!
Hope your son gets better quick!

susheli

Postby susheli » Fri May 08, 2009 10:20 am

I'm so sorry to read this, Mandy!! That's just not what you needed right now, is it!?!? Oh life, sometimes!!! I'm glad your OB/hospital are taking this so seriously and I hope you and your son feel much better very, very soon. I'm thinking of you very much!!!!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri May 08, 2009 09:56 am

OH no Mandy! I hope that everything is okay.

Take care and let us know how you are doing when you get a chance.

mandy0913

On way to L&D *UPDATE*

Postby mandy0913 » Fri May 08, 2009 09:51 am

So, I had my son in emergency room last night because he has been really sick, and it just kept getting worse. Last night about 1 am, he was coughing so bad that he could barely breathe. I knew a couple of days ago that it was something pretty contagious, because I now have it, as does my husband. So, my poor little guy had a chest x-ray and come to find out, he has pneumonia. I feel terrible for him! The doctor told me at the hospital that I needed to call my OB asap. I called them this morning and was told that I needed to go straight to women's center. This would explain the tightness in my chest that we thought was indegestion, it is my lungs struggling to work. Pneumonia in pregnant women can cause PTL. Yep, thats me. So, off to the hospital we go. I will post as soon as I can. Keep your fingers crossed for me and my little guy.

**************UPDATE*********************

Okay, so I am home now, just got here. It was so weird being there, they made me put a mask on immediately (because of the swine flu), so everyone looked at me so weird, it was awkward! Then they checked the baby, and she is doing fantastic! They monitored me for about an hour, and I am having contractions but they are the same as they were, and really looked like more irritability this time. So, they then took me from L&D down to the ER to have the flu test (and to keep my sick self away from healthy momma's and babies). I do not have the flu (what a fun test that was, OMG)...They also did a chest x-ray and my lungs look good, I do have some congestion and wheezing, but doesn't appear to be pneumonia. I did find out that I have a UTI, which doesn't make sense because I do not have any symptoms, so I have to ask OB about that. He sent me home on an antibiotic and told me to watch symptoms and if anything gets worse to come back. So, appears to be just a scare, a very scary scare. I was freaking out. And still am cause my little guy is so sick. I am glad that things are okay for me and baby, but I am stressing over him. He is just miserable and I want to be able to just fix him, it breaks my heart that I can't. Also, he has only two weeks left in kindergarten and he has missed three days so far. I don't want him to miss the final days, for the parties and stuff.

Also, I talked to my peri and he called in Heparin for me to go ahead and switch over to it a few days early. I am so anxious because we are so close. 19 days to go. Here's to making it!

Thank you guys so much for your concern. It instantly lifted my spirits when I saw all the replies! I have come to depend on the thoughtful and kind words of wisdom and concern.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”