Indigestion...worried/anxious

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kiwi_susie

Re : Indigestion...worried/anxious

Postby kiwi_susie » Fri May 08, 2009 06:20 am

Mandy, fingers and toes crossed that you can hold on and be awake for the big arrival :) We're thinking of you - it IS exciting :)

mandy0913

Postby mandy0913 » Thu May 07, 2009 08:50 pm

I am doing better, but still having contractions. They are not getting stronger or closer together, they are just kinda staying the same. Last night was pretty rough, and I didn't get much sleep. I have an appt with peri on Tuesday and I am going to ask him if he can convince my ob to let me deliver a little sooner.

My fear is that I will go into full active labor and have to rush to the hospital where they will no doubt do an emergency section. If I am still on lovenox (he is switching me to heparin on Tuesday), then I will have to have general which means that I won't be awake and John won't be allowed in the room. I hope I can make it through to Tuesday, and I am really holding off on going to hospital because of it (plus I KNOW they will just send me home anyway). This is really tough because I want to keep her in long enough for her lungs to mature, but I am so scared that they are already, she is going to come on her own, and I will face my fear. Oh, the stress.

susheli

Postby susheli » Thu May 07, 2009 03:50 am

Oh, Mandy. I only just saw your post! I wanted to answer re. anxiety, but now I'm just thinking of you and those contractions and hoping they either eased up or that you've gone into hospital. It does sound like that baby girl of yours has her own agenda! I'm so glad that the protein, bloods and bps were fine and, yes, I think it is possible to get through to the end without complications! Though I probably won't believe it if it happens to me either. I have no experience of non-induced labor, but what you describe sounds much like what many have described to me as early labor. I'm thinking of you - let us know when you can how you are! ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

mandy0913

Postby mandy0913 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:29 pm

They are true labor, unfortunately. They are pretty painful, start in my back and move towards front. I am surprised she didn't check me...The way it all went down was my NST was last, when the nurse saw the contractions she went and found the midwife and she came to talk to me in the waiting area. So, I am trying to judge for myself how things are progressing and when to go in or not. The thing that is making it tough is that with Matthew, I delivered at 36 weeks, actually just shy of it, and I never experienced any contractions prior to being induced at the hospital, labor was really, really quick. So, I really have no basis for judgment. I truly am a nervous wreck. I have researched online tonight, and I fit most of the signs for labor. I just know that the contractions are not as strong as when I had Matthew and I also do not have any bloody discharge, there is an increase but it is not pink or red. I have tried changing positions, drinking water, showers, tylenol...nothing is stopping them. Right now, they are about 8 minutes apart and last about 30-45 seconds. Pain wise, on scale of 1-10 they hurt at about a 6. They were measuring at the peak in the 30's on the doppler thing. Again, not really any basis for judgment so I do not know if that is really strong or not. I am seriously a basket case right now. My hospital is 45 minutes away, so a mad dash would not be quick. AHHHH. This is tough!!!

carjashaner

Postby carjashaner » Wed May 06, 2009 09:38 pm

Sorry to hear that you are still suffering, and in the same breath, glad to hear they think all is well. Are they Braxton HIcks or true labor?

mandy0913

Postby mandy0913 » Wed May 06, 2009 09:22 pm

Sorry to get back so late! Everything seems to be fine, though I am still suffering...no protein and blood pressure is perfect. However, I am back in PTL. I was having some pretty strong contractions, and still am. I was sent home to guzzle some water and then lie down. I did, but they haven't stopped :(
Nurse midwife told me what to watch for, and I don't think I am going to be delivering tonight or anything, but I am still concerned. I think this little baby girl has her own dang agenda other than waiting till the 27th! Thanks for all your responses, and I will keep you guys posted.

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Wed May 06, 2009 01:38 pm

I hope it was nothing, Mandy. Please update us when you can.

shierman

Postby shierman » Wed May 06, 2009 01:18 pm

Sorry to weigh in so late... If you haven't done so already, I'd call. It's probably nothing, but, hey, that's their job, right? Besides, even it's nothing, it will help you with the anxiety. In the meantime, I will pray that you have an uneventful last couple of weeks!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Wed May 06, 2009 11:17 am

I say just call - even if it's just anxiety you'll probably feel better.

It never hurts to call...

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Wed May 06, 2009 09:24 am

How are you today? My just plain anxiety (which started after having PE with my 3rd) makes me feel like my chest is heavy & a little short of breath. Sometimes I feel that way just out of the blue when I have no conscious reason to feel anxious.

I hope you make it all the way without issues. :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”