Just a vent...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
milesymommy

Re : Just a vent...

Postby milesymommy » Wed Mar 14, 638610 2:08 am

This reminds me (a little) of when I had my son. When I went in for my 34 week check up, my BP was high (don't remember how high anymore) so my doctor sent me to the hospital for testing. I get there, they have me lie down and monitor my blood pressure for an hour, it was off course substantially lower, then send me home. No recommended bed rest, nothing. At 36 week check up had high BP, sent to hosptial again, they did lab work and decided to induce. But I've always wondered... its not like I *live* lying down, so why do they take my BP that way? I had one doctor say that they need the resting heart rate because it shows a true picture of whats going on in my body, but that still doesn't make sense.
I'm not looking forward to going through this with baby boy #2 (19 weeks now), but the doctors say I will develop it again.
Good luck!!!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Sat Mar 03, 638610 6:07 am

Thanks Su! How are you feeling these days???

I am getting fluids on IV, but because I'm also on mag. sulfate, I'm on fluid restriction because it can cause pulmonary edema. Did you have decreased fluids due to pre-e or another cause? If it is pre-e related, can it be reversed?

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat Mar 03, 638610 3:45 am

I understand.... I really needed my mom too.

I had drastically dropping fluids and resting and intake of fluid helped- are you getting fluids on an IV???? That should help. I DID drop to 5 and pushed it back up.... just do what you can and try not to worry too much, you're in the best place!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Sat Mar 03, 638610 2:20 am

Thanks ladies. :)

My OB came in to talk to me today and put me on a low dose of mag. She is off this weekend, so is putting in my chart that I am to stay here for monitoring at least until she gets back on Monday, because she doesn't want me "getting bounced back and forth from opinion to opinion" - the most logical thing I've heard a doctor say in weeks, LOL! Of course if my protein comes back 5g or more, I'll probably deliver tomorrow, but after dipping +2 yesterday, I dipped between trace and +1 earlier, and I'm not very hydrated at all (I only have 3 hours left for the 24hr and it's not even a quarter full). Interesting.

Another potential problem is with my amniotic fluid. I've been having twice-weekly fluid checks, and they have been very good until today. Monday's measured 16.1, but today's was only 11.7. Dr. G says we don't have to worry until we get to 5, but such a drastic decrease in 3 days is concerning, so we're going to check it again on Monday and that could be the thing to deliver me. It's still anybody's guess at this point!

My mom should be home by now. She says she is NOT driving back, so she's going to fly. I'm not especially close to my mom, but man do I need her right now!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat Mar 03, 638610 12:55 am

I've been thinking of you and wow.... I am glad you are admitted. It makes me feel better......

Ugh your mom would be comical except.... she'll be heading back!!

Hang in there. Keep us posted. ((HUGS)))

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Mar 02, 638610 1:40 am

Yay for being admitted!

Your poor mom! At least it isn't as hot yet as it's going to get, if she needs to drive down again...

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Mar 01, 638610 11:31 pm

I'm glad you are being admitted too - hope your 24 hr/urine comes back okay. Heard anything else on the mag?

missdee

Postby missdee » Thu Mar 01, 638610 2:55 pm

I'm so glad you've been admitted! I don't wish you anything bad, but I do hope the tests will reflect the truth when it comes back. Enjoy the mag- what a relieve hey?

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Wed Feb 28, 638610 7:55 pm

Thanks ladies!

I went to triage this afternoon and got some wonky readings. The first, sitting up but taken with my right arm, was 186/104. The second, by a different nurse who switched the cuff to my left arm and made me lay down, was 147/85. Mmmhmm. I later insisted on sitting up because of heartburn, and my readings were back to being high again.

I dipped +2 for the first time, but after 2 hours of monitoring, the on-call doc was going to send me home, after readings like 184/92! I got really upset. It's like they want to test me to see how high my BP has to get before I have a seizure!! I got very emotional (I'm pregnant, so I cried!) and fortunately it was shift change, and a different doc came in to talk to me. She saw things my way and agreed that we should at least try to adjust my meds and get another 24hr urine, and since going home would not help my BP, she admitted me. I'm not on mag. right now even though I probably should be, but at least I'm in the hospital being monitored, and we should know more once the 24hr results come back early Friday morning.

And the kicker? My mom *just* left this morning. She drove here from Houston on Friday, when I was discharged from the hospital, and left this morning, so she'll get home just prior to my 24hr results coming back. It's almost comical. She may get home and have to fly back right away.

threesparkles

Postby threesparkles » Sun Feb 18, 638610 5:30 pm

I always take in my BP log so they can see what I've been getting at home, AND I take in my BP cuff so we can check my BP with it directly after they take their reading.

I hope you get some cooperation from your medical team! It's never fun when your symptoms are not taken seriously!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”