37 weeks and appointment today

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re : 37 weeks and appointment today

Postby heather j » Fri Jan 26, 638610 10:39 pm

There are two kinds of jugs they'll give you for the 24 hour. One contains a preservative and doesn't require refrigeration, and the other does not and has to be kept on ice or in refrigeration. Sounds like yours was the latter! Oops! Nice of them to tell you, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they have you do another (though I'm sure you don't want to hear that!).

I didn't weigh in on the mag question, but I *think* it may not be a bad thing. Since you aren't very sick, they likely won't be as rigid with it as they may otherwise be - using it only for the delivery. I don't know - I would've ripped the IV out of my own arm with DS if I wasn't so wonky and drugged. LOL. With DD, though, I was really nervous about not having it despite not needing it.

It's not long for you now!

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Fri Jan 26, 638610 9:50 pm

I don't know either, but will be thinking about you and baby. Wishing you a wonderful delivery.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Fri Jan 26, 638610 8:21 pm

How exciting to make it to 37 weeks! I don't know the answers to your questions, but will be checking for updates about your induction!!

stacylw

37 weeks and appointment today

Postby stacylw » Fri Jan 26, 638610 7:46 pm

So today marks 37 weeks, and I'm so excited to be at this point.

As of now I'm scheduled to be induced on Wednesday/Thursday this week since my 24 hour urine was 373 last week (had been negative up until that point).

I went in for my NST today, and it was nonreactive. That's never happened to me before, so I got really scared. They then sent me for a BPP which was 8/8, and the doctors said they felt like waiting until Wednesday for the induction is fine and that we don't have to do it today. Either way, I'm still nervous because of the whole experience. Up until now the questions have always been about my health (BP, urine, labs, etc.). When it was a question of the baby today it was really scary. I think things are okay now- they seemed reassured by the BPP, and I guess I should be the same.

Anyway, I'm redoing my 24 hour urine test today and will get results tomorrow. I'm curious if it will be more protein, less protein or the same. I was sick with a bad cold last week and still recovering from it, so I wondered if that would effect the results.

Also, I didn't refrigerate the container- the lab people were angry about this, but no one ever mentioned that. I wonder how that effects the results- anyone know this?

Since I've been trying to decide on whether to go ahead and accept the magnesium during the induction, I'm hoping the results of the 24 hour will give me more info to base the decision on. I figure if its in the 'severe PE' range now, I'll take the mag- maybe if its like it was and just above the cut off (300) for mild PE, I'll consider skipping it. Still don't know how to handle this.

Thanks for all the continued support.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”