Platelets LOWER & Clot --respond

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kteacher

Re : Platelets LOWER & Clot --respond

Postby kteacher » Mon Dec 11, 638609 11:25 pm

Thanks for the reassurances...I knew I could count on you ladies! :)

My platelets this morning were up to 152,000.

No more nasty clots...I hope it stays that way!

We are now home!!!! I do feel better and I'm sure some of the worry last night was hormonal as well. I am glad that this site has informed me enough to know what to look for postpartum! I feel empowered.

Thanks girls! You all are a blessing.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Dec 11, 638609 5:21 pm

After N was born, my nurse helped me to my first shower post section. I very slowly sat on the stall in the shower while she stood nearby until I was through. She comes over to help me up and out and says, very calmly - "don't look behind you, there's a clot, and it's normal. But DON'T look."

And I looked.

Whereupon I almost fainted it was so huge! *shudder* The things people don't tell you!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Mon Dec 11, 638609 4:10 am

Platelets do weird things postpartum. So long as they're keeping an eye on you, you're in the best place possible for them to help you. So no worries -- it's not like you can do anything about it anyway.

Postpartum *sucks*. Not least because our brains are in a hormonal meltdown. Do Not Panic. :-)

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon Dec 11, 638609 3:54 am

(((HUGS))) Hope you get an answer on those platelets.

My OB told me to let them know if I passd anything bigger than a lemon. So apparently golfballs were ok. But yes, still totally gross to feel and see come out!! One of my girlfriends tells the story that with her first she thought her uterus had fallen out after delivery. She actually called a nurse down, bawling of course, to see it. The nurse reassured her it that it was just a really big clot & that no, her uterus had NOT fallen out. LOL!

mandy0913

Postby mandy0913 » Mon Dec 11, 638609 1:22 am

That happened to me after I had my first son, I was actually at home four days later. I called L&D and they told me that it was normal (mine was about the same size as yours), that I should be concerned if it was the size of an orange. I never had another one. Hope this helps!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Sun Dec 10, 638609 7:25 pm

I don't have anything to add, just wanted to offer some (((hugs))).

hols537

Postby hols537 » Sun Dec 10, 638609 4:25 pm

I had a pretty large clot after Jonathan. Same thing with the nurse. She said to let her know if it happened again, but it never did. They also said that even though it seemed huge to me (like the size you described), they were actually more concerned with larger ones (like lemon or baseball sized).

I'm sure it is scary, but you're being watched closely and you're in the right place should something be wrong.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun Dec 10, 638609 5:42 am

I don't think you should be worried about the clot if the nurse wasn't. I was at risk for PPH because I hemmoraged after a d&c last February. My ob made sure to massage the uterus down, gave me EXTRA pit (fun and he didn't tell me, read about that in the records), and manually cleared my uterus (owww). Even with all that much fun, I still passed a couple of clots the size of fists. Ob said as long as I wasn't passing anymore and that I wasn't bleeding more than a pad an hour I was ok. No advice on the platelets.

kteacher

Platelets LOWER & Clot --respond

Postby kteacher » Sat Dec 09, 638609 9:12 pm

I'm officially freaked out. My platelets at delivery were 162,000.
Today they are 131,000. Why? I was also nauseous earlier today. Am I developing postpartum pe or hellps? The doctor will check my platelets tomorrow morning.

I got up to take Henry to the nursery and felt a huge glob come out (sorry tmi). When I returned to my room and bathroom. There was a HUGE clot...like if you rolled it up (again sorry) it would be bigger than a golf ball. I showed the nurse. She massaged my stomach said uterus was firm and no more came out. Told me to tell her if it happened again. Should I be worried?

Of course this happened after my hubby left the hospital to go work out (he'll be back soon) and I am SO missing my baby girl (she's been such a big girl). I just started crying. I had to get on to post to you girls.

I do not want to go down this road...

Return to “Pregnant Again?”