We have an implant - in the uterus!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kbunsey

Re : We have an implant - in the uterus!

Postby kbunsey » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 am

My goodness. I'm very gratful for the PF too. XO

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Too funny. I work with lots of gossipy women, too. I haven't told my parents yet because my sister just had a terrible birth last month and fought with PE and HELLP and they were at the hospital with her ten days straight before the birth because her crappy husband wouldn't visit her. Come to find out, he was having an affair. So she just filed for divorce and she and the baby have been staying with my parents. They are so stressed, I don't think they could take news of another high-risk pregnancy on the horizon. They were terrified when I was sooo sick right before delivery with Hannah. They are going to worry every day until this baby is born, so I figured I would give them a little break. I don't want to tell the inlaws because number one, they are the rudest, bossiest people on this earth and I just don't want to deal with their crap right now. They were so awful before and after Hannah was born, and told me to get my tubes tied right after the birth. They have some nerve. Anytime Hannah brings up wanting a sibling they shout "that's a terrible idea" and they tell us that we better not get pregnant again. Like it's their choice. I don't even want to tell them at all, because I'm afraid they will show up to my hospital room again and cause my already outrageous BP to skyrocket, just as they did when I was about to deliver Hannah. I don't want to tell work because my not so nice supervisor will be mad that she will have to pick up the slack when I'm out, and anytime I complain about PG symptoms, she will compare them with hers, as she always does with Hannah. She can't understand why Hannah has to go to the doctor so much. Now she is trying to figure out why I have to go to the doctor so much. I have not told my friends or siblings about the pregnancy because I am waiting to see a heartbeat. So...I will hold out for a while longer. I was so glad that I was able to tell my PE friends right away, because all of you understand what I am going through! You ladies are the BEST!

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:37 pm

I work w/ some pretty chatty elementary teachers - I've already been getting the "You look...tired" statements that are actually more questions than statements. I think some of the primary teachers can sniff out a pregnant woman from across the building. I'm getting pretty close to needing my special pants - probably by the end of this month if not sooner - so it could get interesting really soon. ALL of my in-laws live in the same development as us so they already got info out of my husband who actually surprisingly wanted to share. My preference would have been to send them pictures from the hospital. I'll try at work and let you know how it goes. I can't believe you didn't even tell your own mom yet! You are good.

PS Autumn babies rock!

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Apr 18, 2009 08:48 pm

Katie -

That would be hilarious! I work full-time, so I could just continue working as if nothing was different, and my co-workers would be whispering behind my back saying that I was putting on a lot of weight! My parents live about an hour away, so I see them about once a month. I wonder if they would notice? My inlaws live about 30 mintues away and we see them more than I care to. They think I'm fat anyway, so they probably wouldn't even notice. This is cracking me up! I wonder how long it could last??? Okay, Katie - let's do this and see if anyone dares to comment on our big bellies!!!

mama2aredhead

Postby mama2aredhead » Sat Apr 18, 2009 07:49 pm

Great news!!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat Apr 18, 2009 07:39 pm

Oh that is absolutely wonderful news... I am so happy for you!

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sat Apr 18, 2009 06:12 pm

"I am thinking about waiting until I after I deliver, and then I will tell everyone. I could just send out announcements after the fact :)"

Your comment makes me smile. Are you going to hide in your house for the next 9mos? I've had visions of myself walking around really big and round, people gawking and whispering, "Is Katie pregnant b/c she hasn't said anything?" and me just acting like nothing's out of the usual - no news to tell. ;-)

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Apr 18, 2009 05:14 pm

Thanks, ladies!! Jackie - thanks for being my "mom" and worrying about me. My own mom doesn't even know yet! I have not told a soul except for my dh. Hannah has no idea, but she will be so ecstatic! She prays every night for a baby brother or baby sister. I don't want to tell her too soon. I am thinking about waiting until I after I deliver, and then I will tell everyone. I could just send out announcements after the fact :)

neslo

Postby neslo » Wed Apr 15, 2009 03:13 pm

THat is really great news!

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 02:26 pm

Great news!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”