We are home!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
joker

Re : We are home!

Postby joker » Sat Nov 18, 638609 11:25 am

So glad to hear that you are both home and doing well!

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sat Nov 18, 638609 4:04 am

HOORAY!!!! With that pressure I'm glad they didn't send you home either! I would have tied myself to a bed or done something totally wacky to at least get a psyche consult that would keep me there if they tried sending me home w/ that pressure. I am so happy for you and so happy that baby is home and doing well. Great news. Be well and be in love.

neslo

Postby neslo » Fri Nov 17, 638609 4:53 pm

Congratulations!! I'm glad you made them double check with your Dr!!!

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Tue Nov 07, 638609 2:30 pm

Whoo hoo for standing up to that nurse!!!WTG!!! And congrats on a healthy baby! :)

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Tue Nov 07, 638609 2:15 pm

Congratulations! Good for you for sticking up for yourself - you are an inspiration!!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Tue Nov 07, 638609 2:01 pm

Congratulations!! Good for you for demanding they call your doctor-- I'm so glad he is here safe and sound!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Tue Nov 07, 638609 1:55 pm

Yay, Becky! Congratulations on your little guy (and on standing your ground in the hospital - woo hoo, you!). I'm so happy to read that you're able to just enjoy him!

stacylw

Postby stacylw » Tue Nov 07, 638609 7:10 am

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you to take your baby home and that everyone is doing well.

You're a great example of how important it is to push for what you know is the right thing for you and your baby! Enjoy him :)

mama2aredhead

We are home!

Postby mama2aredhead » Tue Nov 07, 638609 6:18 am

Well I went for my bpp on thursday at the mfm and Steven passed 8/8. They then had me lay on my left side for 20 min (had not even checked bp yet) and then checked my bp. It was 141/105 so the doc called my clinic and said I had to go to L&D and would have the baby that night or the next day. I got there and my bp was still just as high even on my left side. They did labs and all came back good. The nurse went and talked to the on call dr for my clinic ( he was the one doc from the practice I had never met)and came back and announced happily that I get to go home! I was shocked and asked if she had talked to my doc. She said no he is off and they could not get a hold of him. I told her that the mfm had talked to him and that I knew he would not agree. I then told her that I was not leaving until she talked to my doc. The nurse got kind of snotty and said fine and walked out of the room. She came back 5 minutes later and said "Well you are having the baby in 30 minutes and your dr is on the way!" I knew my doctor would not agree with me being sent home! He said that I was far enough and things went bad way too quickly last time that there was no reason to chance it. My last bp before here was delievered was 187/117 so I am really glad they didn't send me home! My c-section went really well but my large amount fluid caused some problems. It was squirting every where and made the floor slippery and then it was just pouring out of steven nose and mouth so they had to suction him right away. He sure has a good pair of lungs on him! He was a lot smaller than they thought and weighed in at 6lbs 11oz and 20 inches long. His platelet count was a bit low but has now risen above normal and they believe that my my high bp was messing with it. He was a bit jaundiced and had to spend 2 days on the billi bed but was able to come home without the lights! He is such a sweet little boy and we are just in love! He is breastfeeding really well but I am sore from it! My blood sugar is completely back to normal so that is great. Bp is still high so I am back on the Labetalol for now. It took 3 months for it to go down with dd so I am hoping the same thing happens again this time. It has definetly been different to have a full term baby and take them home with you.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”