39 weeks and counting...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
trish
Forum Moderator

Re : 39 weeks and counting...

Postby trish » Sun Apr 12, 2009 04:45 pm

Yikes on those pressures!! Hopefully it was just the missed pill. Take it easy but hoping you won't have to post a 40+ thread!!!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Apr 12, 2009 03:56 pm

I know I've read of a connection between apnea and PE, but I can't remember what exactly. Helpful, as always ;). When can you get yourself checked out again? You're coming down the homestretch now!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Sun Apr 12, 2009 02:57 pm

Ack! With those pressures, I really hope Dani decides to make his entrance ASAP!

bcrnjo

Postby bcrnjo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 02:49 pm

Yay for 39 + weeks!!!!!

karoliina

39 weeks and counting...

Postby karoliina » Sun Apr 12, 2009 02:11 pm

Hm, I'm wondering if I really get to start another thread in a week titled "40 weeks and counting". Eek! :O

No serious signs of going into labour anytime soon... I was having pretty painful contractions for hours yesterday am, but nothing much after that.

We had friends over last night, and while I was getting ready for that in the afternoon, I forgot to take my Albetol. I realised it a couple of hours later, but it said in the leaflet not to take one right away, but wait until the next dose. So my pressures shoot up in the evening and got pretty high before my next dose that I take before going to bed (I take 100 mg three times a day).

I was a little scared and decided to check my pressures at night if I would wake up, just to make sure the spike was only about forgetting that one pill. Well, at 4 am when I woke up I took my BP lying down before getting up to go pee, and while the diastolic pressure had gotten lower, systolic was 175. I re-took it sitting down, when I got back from the loo, and it had gotten better. Still in the 150's, but I just found it interesting it was that high in the middle of the night and even lying down. DH had just said when I fell asleep before he did that I had snored like crazy, and that I often do nowadays, whereas I usually don't at all!

I took my BP again in the morning waking up (around 8.30 am), and lying down it was 178/98, and sitting up 165/99. Didn't like those numbers, but they did get a little lower (around 138/96) when I got out of bed and had been up for a while. And taking my morning Albetol the pressures got okay after an hour, and have stayed there for today.

I'm definitely going to continue with monitoring my pressures at night and in the mornings before getting up, as those numbers were really making me worried. It could be it was still because of that one forgotten pill, but I need to make sure.

Other than that I'm fine and just hoping I'll go into labour soon - but trying not to think about it too much. :)

Karoliina 39+2

Return to “Pregnant Again?”